I'm back!

[re...]

Hi BBs  :)

I came to this site in 2008 addicted to a high amount of ativan. I was very scared,lost,alone and had no hopes at all, just lots of fears. Benzos had ruined my life, physically and mentally i was affected in a horrible way. I could not go out into public, I had developed agorophobia  because of the benzos. I eventually figured that  the benzos were causing these issues and I had to get off them. My taper did not start in the right way, I made huge mistakes at first.

After coming here and learning about my situation, I started to read threads. I read the ashton manual, I was given so much love and support from members,mods and admins on this site. Everyday was a challenge for me. Getting my life was a challenge. I had parents that were not supportive and just wanted me to take more pills.

They would scream and raise my anxiety, while my mind and body was stuck in hell. It was pure hell, the addiction was brutal. I recall one time i was driving my car and all my limbs went fully numb for 2 minutes. I couldnt feel anything, i was lucky to survived that one.

Benzos are just horrible and I had every single withdrawl that was out there. I always preferred the physical ones compared to the mental ones. It took all my willpower to fight this. It took my over 1 year to taper off the benzos. I wanted to quit so so many times. I would have numb limbs for2-4 hours a day at times, sitting in a room crying and asking god to heal me.

It was the toughest battle of my life and it took so so much guts and determination to go through it.

I got off the benzos in feb of 2009. It was such a huge celebration for me, for us(benzo sufferers). My first 90 days off the benzos, I must have slept 1-2 hours a day. It was very difficult and it took a toll on me mentally and physically.

what makes my situation unique is that i was overdosed on levaquin before i was given the benzos. This element can change everything. Benozs in general can mess with our sleeping patterns and I had horrible sleep after getting off the benzos.

My body would still have spasms and other withdrawls for quite a while. Each day being free from the benzos was a blessing and I have been benzo free since 2009 and came here to show some love to a site that was a life saver for me.

I know how tough it is for your folks here, please never give up. Stay true to your goals and achieve them. It's never easy.

Tapering can be a challenge. It will TEST you and you might want to not finish. If your goal is to be off the benzos, then stay with the plan. NEVER give up!

Love to all of you and this site. This site changed my life and i will always be grateful  :smitten:

When did you start turning a corner and feeling better? What was the turning point in which you felt healed? How long did it take?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I cannot imagine what an overdose of Levaquin did to your body, with benzos on top of it. All the numbness, etc. It's too bad your parents kept wishing you were back on pills. But that's what we're up against, a family, doctors, friends who don't understand this terribly fearful journey.

CONGRATULATIONS also for staying with your taper and not wavering. It sounds like one hell of a rough, rough journey, but I'm so glad you made it!!! No one who has not gone through this will ever realize how very difficult it truly is. Go and enjoy the rest of your life because you not only survived but are happy and I'm sure have much more energy than you ever had.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats 08! I can't believe it's been almost 10 years. How do you feel?  How long did it take to feel like yourself again?

When did you start turning a corner and feeling better? What was the turning point in which you felt healed? How long did it take?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I cannot imagine what an overdose of Levaquin did to your body, with benzos on top of it. All the numbness, etc. It's too bad your parents kept wishing you were back on pills. But that's what we're up against, a family, doctors, friends who don't understand this terribly fearful journey.

CONGRATULATIONS also for staying with your taper and not wavering. It sounds like one hell of a rough, rough journey, but I'm so glad you made it!!! No one who has not gone through this will ever realize how very difficult it truly is. Go and enjoy the rest of your life because you not only survived but are happy and I'm sure have much more energy than you ever had.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It took me a long time to adjust. My case was unique because I was overdosed on the levaquin and that alone had lots of similar symptoms and withdrawls like the benzos. I was having horrible anxiety and lots of numbness. Now add the 4mg of benzos it made it even more horrible. Even 10 years later my body will never be the same. The levaquin damaged me a lot and i got arthritis/FIBRO now.

Even with all the issues I face today, life is 1000 times better than when i was stuck, lost and at times hopeless on the benzos. The same Dr that ruined me with levaquin gave me benzos. It's lessons learned and we come out better people, with empathy for those that suffer :)

Congrats 08! I can't believe it's been almost 10 years. How do you feel?  How long did it take to feel like yourself again?

TY. yes its been 10 years since i joined this forum and started my journey to be off the benzos. I feel so so much better compared to when i was stuck on the benzos. It took me a good while to be the old me again. It will take time for all to start feeling better. Being on the benzos and my struggles were the worst times in my life and being free is amazing and I hope all start feeling better :)

TY. yes its been 10 years since i joined this forum and started my journey to be off the benzos. I feel so so much better compared to when i was stuck on the benzos. It took me a good while to be the old me again. It will take time for all to start feeling better. Being on the benzos and my struggles were the worst times in my life and being free is amazing and I hope all start feeling better :)

How long did it take for the chemical anxiety and fear to go away for you and for you to start feeling like your self again? Thanks for coming back to provide hope and encouragement for those of us that are suffering through this hell!

How long did it take for the chemical anxiety and fear to go away for you and for you to start feeling like your self again? Thanks for coming back to provide hope and encouragement for those of us that are suffering through this hell!

Hello :)

In general i never had an anxiety issue before being overdosed on the levaquin and then being on the ativan. After being on levaquin and ativan, i had lots of anxiety issues and it was pretty bad. In all honesty anxiety can be brutal. Some folks are just naturally anxious and others get this way due to side effects and withdrawls.

My CNS (central nervous system) was messed up because of the levaquin+ativan. Even till this day I am not 100% who i use to be. It will take time for  the body and mind to start healing. I can say this much from my own experience.

I use to take herbals and supplements to help with anxiety and it backfired on me. Letting the body adjust on its own is what I would have done. I am not  advising here, just sharing what I have done.

Being off the benzos takes time and getting back to our old selves will take time. Reduction of stress is a must while on and off the benzos. Take it day by day and just move forward.  9 years later I am very grateful for the lessons benzos taught me and I use it to be kinder and help those that suffer.

Be blessed :)

Thank you Recover for sharing your story of recovery with us. I am so happy that you can now live your life free and healed from these drugs. I appreciate you coming back after all these years. I wish you the best always.

Love, Jackie  :smitten: :smitten:

I came to this site in 2008 addicted to a high amount of ativan. I was very scared,lost,alone and had no hopes at all, just lots of fears. Benzos had ruined my life, physically and mentally i was affected in a horrible way. I could not go out into public, I had developed agorophobia  because of the benzos. I eventually figured that  the benzos were causing these issues and I had to get off them. My taper did not start in the right way, I made huge mistakes at first.

After coming here and learning about my situation, I started to read threads. I read the ashton manual, I was given so much love and support from members,mods and admins on this site. Everyday was a challenge for me. Getting my life was a challenge. I had parents that were not supportive and just wanted me to take more pills.

They would scream and raise my anxiety, while my mind and body was stuck in hell. It was pure hell, the addiction was brutal. I recall one time i was driving my car and all my limbs went fully numb for 2 minutes. I couldnt feel anything, i was lucky to survived that one.

Benzos are just horrible and I had every single withdrawl that was out there. I always preferred the physical ones compared to the mental ones. It took all my willpower to fight this. It took my over 1 year to taper off the benzos. I wanted to quit so so many times. I would have numb limbs for2-4 hours a day at times, sitting in a room crying and asking god to heal me.

It was the toughest battle of my life and it took so so much guts and determination to go through it.

I got off the benzos in feb of 2009. It was such a huge celebration for me, for us(benzo sufferers). My first 90 days off the benzos, I must have slept 1-2 hours a day. It was very difficult and it took a toll on me mentally and physically.

what makes my situation unique is that i was overdosed on levaquin before i was given the benzos. This element can change everything. Benozs in general can mess with our sleeping patterns and I had horrible sleep after getting off the benzos.

My body would still have spasms and other withdrawls for quite a while. Each day being free from the benzos was a blessing and I have been benzo free since 2009 and came here to show some love to a site that was a life saver for me.

I know how tough it is for your folks here, please never give up. Stay true to your goals and achieve them. It's never easy.

Tapering can be a challenge. It will TEST you and you might want to not finish. If your goal is to be off the benzos, then stay with the plan. NEVER give up!

Love to all of you and this site. This site changed my life and i will always be grateful  :smitten:

You have no idea how much your post helped my wife.  Our stories are identical, I didn't have levaquin, but a steroid injection.  I am 8 1/2 years and still have struggles and was convinced it couldn't be withdrawal.  I just can't imagine it couldn't be anything else, but you give me hope it is still withdrawal and more healing will happen

That last post was from my wife.  It sounds confusing because she was asking me to send the post and it wasn't from me. 

Pardner

You have no idea how much your post helped my wife.  Our stories are identical, I didn't have levaquin, but a steroid injection.  I am 8 1/2 years and still have struggles and was convinced it couldn't be withdrawal.  I just can't imagine it couldn't be anything else, but you give me hope it is still withdrawal and more healing will happen

My CNS has been ruined by the overdosing of the levaquin. I developed fibromyalgia/arthritis due to it. The benzos also added to the damage. It's rare but i can still get some twitching, spasms here and there. Don't ever doubt yourself or your situation. Benzos and levaquin are very scary and can affect us all in different ways.

If anyone else needs love and support , I'll support you folks.  My horrible ordeal with benzos and addiction has made me feel so much empathy for those that suffer. If i can help you good folks, I will always try :)