First record you ever bought

[Ma...]

Simon & Garfunkel, “Bridge over troubled water”.

Build me up buttercup is a feel good tune. I had my portable AM frequency radio virtually surgically attached as a teenager.

I'm gona give my age away but it was a 45 by either The Kinks or The Beatles, they are in storage at the moment so not sure of the title or what one came first.

Saw Ray Davis of The Kinks solo a few years back, still rocking strong.

2trusting

I'm gona give my age away but it was a 45 by either The Kinks or The Beatles, they are in storage at the moment so not sure of the title or what one came first.

Saw Ray Davis of The Kinks solo a few years back, still rocking strong.

2trusting

Mine def gave my age away, I almost didn't put it :laugh:

Also giving away my age, but it was I Want to Hold Your Hand by the Beatles.  I was 13.  ;)

[/quote

I think when we actually bought a record or cd, u remember the first one.  Now u just download, who's going to remember that :laugh:

The first album I spent with my own money. My brothers plastered the house with The Beatles albums. I bought this for $1 as the record guy said it was not selling. It sure wasn't and it's a rare item now.

Buckingham & Nicks.

:smitten: :smitten: :o

The first album I spent with my own money. My brothers plastered the house with The Beatles albums. I bought this for $1 as the record guy said it was not selling. It sure wasn't and it's a rare item now.

Buckingham & Nicks.

Wow, hot pancakes!

I'm saving it for a rainy day. As well as the rare album of John Lennon's where Yoko put his bloody glasses on the cover but had to take it down.

Buckingham & Nicks.

[/quote

Wow, Stevie Nicks is my favorite all time female singer!

Oh wow, I didn't even KNOW about Stevie Nicks BEFORE Fleetwood Mac.  Listening to it now.

My first album was J Geils Band, "Freeze Frame". 

I bought the singles "Go all the way" by the Raspberries, and "Join Together" by the Who, on the same day.

The first LP I bought was David Live.

Oh wow, I didn't even KNOW about Stevie Nicks BEFORE Fleetwood Mac.  Listening to it now.

What do u think about Stevie Nicks solo?  I own everything.  The woman could sing and write  :D

What do u think about Stevie Nicks solo?  I own everything.  The woman could sing and write  :D

They are touring again, but without Buckingham. I will not go for once. He's a key player. Here's a YouTube video about alleged abuse to Nicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-aRfL6CmB8

Yeah Stevie Nicks is great.  I love that she has been so open about klonopin too.  I just looked up Yoko and the bloody glasses.  Amazing. 

My 1st LP was "Introducing the Beatles"... not to be confused with "Meet the Beatles".... your "Build Me up Buttercup" reminded me that I still have the 45  "Baby now That I've Found you"...The Foundations were great!!.. it was cool they used BMUB in the movie "There is Something About Mary"

... be well

I think they both came out 10 days apart. If you sell yours on eBay, you could probably get near $5,000. I only have Meet the Beatles myself