Author Topic: First record you ever bought  (Read 1102 times)

[Buddie]

Re: First record you ever bought
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2018, 04:35:10 am »
 Exile on Main Street by the Rolling Stones and am still a big fan. Around the same time was given TheSound of Silence by my mum because I was learning guitar and Smoke on the Water by Deep  Purple by my uncle.

My music taste has remained as eclectic.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2018, 11:34:09 pm »
I'm not sure but these were all around the same time when I was in third grade:

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
Silverchair - Frogstomp
Smashing Pumpkins - Meloncholy and the Infinite Sadness
TLC - CrazySexyCool
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Hootie and the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View

I also had the Simpsons Sing the Blues cassette earlier than that.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2018, 11:47:33 pm »

Silverchair - Frogstomp
TLC - CrazySexyCool

Great list!

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 01:30:59 am »
Enema of the State by Blink-182

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 06:20:07 am »
Enema of the State by Blink-182

I remember that album so well.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 06:52:49 am »

Silverchair - Frogstomp
TLC - CrazySexyCool

Good collection of edgy Emo and fun .  Love it that you are old enough to have owned a cassette, probably a collectors item by now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 07:36:24 am »
I was 13, and a neighbor/friend lent me his Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms cassette. The first song won me over instantly. I kept replaying it over and over.

https://youtu.be/IHXK9glwFBg

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 09:10:31 am »
canned heat - jamiriqui

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2018, 07:34:16 pm »
Love this!  First record was a Shaun Cassidy single, Da Doo Ron Ron  :laugh:.  First real album was Rush, Moving Pictures.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2018, 08:22:59 pm »
Love this!  First record was a Shaun Cassidy single, Da Doo Ron Ron  :laugh:.  First real album was Rush, Moving Pictures.

;D