Author Topic: First record you ever bought  (Read 1103 times)

[Buddie]

First record you ever bought
« on: April 25, 2018, 11:34:03 pm »
Don't laugh........Build Me Up Buttercup... ;D

Still like it :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: First record you ever bought
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:22:59 am »
"Everything" The Bangles

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 10:29:04 am »
Simon & Garfunkel, “Bridge over troubled water”.

Build me up buttercup is a feel good tune. I had my portable AM frequency radio virtually surgically attached as a teenager.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 01:49:30 pm »
Alanis Morisette, “Jagged Little Pill” (cassette)

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 01:50:24 pm »
Good idea  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 03:15:32 pm »
I'm gona give my age away but it was a 45 by either The Kinks or The Beatles, they are in storage at the moment so not sure of the title or what one came first.
Saw Ray Davis of The Kinks solo a few years back, still rocking strong.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 03:23:28 pm »
I didn't buy it, but the first record I possessed and played was

"Jailhouse Rock"

And it was about 60 years ago.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »
I'm gona give my age away but it was a 45 by either The Kinks or The Beatles, they are in storage at the moment so not sure of the title or what one came first.
Saw Ray Davis of The Kinks solo a few years back, still rocking strong.

[...]

Mine def gave my age away, I almost didn't put it :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 05:12:43 pm »
Also giving away my age, but it was I Want to Hold Your Hand by the Beatles.  I was 13.   ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 06:33:20 pm »
Also giving away my age, but it was I Want to Hold Your Hand by the Beatles.  I was 13.   ;)
[/quote

I think when we actually bought a record or cd, u remember the first one.   Now u just download, who's going to remember that :laugh: