A Handmade’s tale…

[...]

A Handmade’s tale…

Is it a state of men

or a state of men’s jealous wives who hold absolute power.

The active edge of judgment seem so specifically positioned.

At least in the story.

It would seem the primacy of fertility was nationalized, and brought under state control.

This story is a deep message against statism.

Most of the male characters seem fundamentally ashamed,

which at least reads as remorseful and perhaps forgivable.

The main female antagonist appears to have

urgent matters of the nihilism.

As does the boot camp matron.

The men are completely auxiliary in this tale.

perhaps you are right.

but their distinct lack of characterization

seems to leave them tertiary, at best

in the story.

An old old story. Powerful but infertile old geezers hooking up with nubile young women with jumping ovaries under the guise of knowing what's best for the human race.

No if you are familiar with the text, one of the problems is that many of the men, especially in the high ranking older group, are infertile too but it is blamed solely on the women. 

• 2 weeks later...
The book beats the visual, imo. Handmaidens. Every human being seems beholden to someone or some thing. My thing was Xanax.  :laugh:

The book beats the visual, imo. Handmaidens. Every human being seems beholden to someone or some thing. My thing was Xanax.  :laugh:

Agree that the book beats the streaming series.  I am a bibliophile and this book is in my top 10 of all time.  My bete noir was Xanax too.  It definitely was a beast to conquer.  Hope you are doing well in the battle.

:smitten:

She

Agree that the book beats the streaming series.  I am a bibliophile and this book is in my top 10 of all time.  My bete noir was Xanax too.  It definitely was a beast to conquer.  Hope you are doing well in the battle.

She

Herculean effort. I am trying so hard SWM.  Some days the windows are so exquisite.  Some days the waves threaten with an odious undertow. Any supplements help you?

Hi Joyatlast51,

I too have had the same dance with the devil Xanax.  My history was 20 years, and my max dose was about 1.5 mgm per day average. I reinstated after the first withdrawal and had to go through it all over again.  BIG MISTAKE.

I see that you have a 14 year history with max dose of 4 mgm per day.  If I read your signature right, you are now at .75 per day.  You have done a heroic job of getting to that dose.  I am impressed at your strength and persistence.

I took no adjunct meds or supplements.  I stopped caffeine, alcohol and cleaned up my diet.  I went through the usual hell of acute and slow healing.  I am now almost three years since my last dose and life it good again.  Not fully there but I would guess about 90% and I'm ecstatic about that.  I hang around the forum to give hope to those of you still struggling and suffering. Have hope!  You will get there too.

I know you are trying so hard!  More than trying, you are succeeding.  I know you must feel like Sisyphus with the rock rolling back down the hill 2 steps every time you push it up three.  But you are making progress and you will get there.  With time, that hill will flatten out and that rock will become much lighter the further along you go.  Hang on!

Sending you lovely vibes for hope and healing and strength for the rest of your journey. 

She

Hi Joyatlast51,

I too have had the same dance with the devil Xanax.  My history was 20 years, and my max dose was about 1.5 mgm per day average. I reinstated after the first withdrawal and had to go through it all over again.  BIG MISTAKE.

I see that you have a 14 year history with max dose of 4 mgm per day.  If I read your signature right, you are now at .75 per day.  You have done a heroic job of getting to that dose.  I am impressed at your strength and persistence.

I took no adjunct meds or supplements.  I stopped caffeine, alcohol and cleaned up my diet.  I went through the usual hell of acute and slow healing.  I am now almost three years since my last dose and life it good again.  Not fully there but I would guess about 90% and I'm ecstatic about that.  I hang around the forum to give hope to those of you still struggling and suffering. Have hope!  You will get there too.

I know you are trying so hard!  More than trying, you are succeeding.  I know you must feel like Sisyphus with the rock rolling back down the hill 2 steps every time you push it up three.  But you are making progress and you will get there.  With time, that hill will flatten out and that rock will become much lighter the further along you go.  Hang on!

Sending you lovely vibes for hope and healing and strength for the rest of your journey. 

She

SWM your words are a balm to my soul. Hope, that most delicate of emotions, is what you give me and so many others. After I jump in July I want to be a member who chronicles her success. I cannot give up. And while each day now is a fresh hell, I know there will be a day when my journey mirrors your own. -Joy