Bella Jim Hawk builderhelp fast please! pharmacist changed from .1mg/ml-.5mg/ml

[Sc...]

Pharmacist finally spoke with doc and they came up,with what I believe is the pharmacists plan. To compound my liquid clonazapam Concentration of .5mg/ml 120ml for a month, instead of .1mg/ml He said I’m not on high enough dose to need daily liquid micro taper @ 3.5mg per day. Said he already compounded it and if I don’t want I’ll have to take my business elsewhere he won’t be able to help me in the future. There are only 2 other options for compounding and now my doctor has been around the discussion with pharmacists twice calling in 2 different liquid prescriptions. Should I pick up this concentration of liquid or cancel & burn bridge with compounder, who obviously wants to do it his way.

Pharmacist finally spoke with doc and they came up,with what I believe is the pharmacists plan. To compound my liquid clonazapam Concentration of .5mg/ml 120ml for a month, instead of .1mg/ml He said I’m not on high enough dose to need daily liquid micro taper @ 3.5mg per day. Said he already compounded it and if I don’t want I’ll have to take my business elsewhere he won’t be able to help me in the future. There are only 2 other options for compounding and now my doctor has been around the discussion with pharmacists twice calling in 2 different liquid prescriptions. Should I pick up this concentration of liquid or cancel & burn bridge with compounder, who obviously wants to do it his way.

Go pick up the liquid as it is Scaredie. It will work just fine. The pharmacists know what they are doing  :thumbsup:

Go pick up the liquid as it is Scaredie. It will work just fine. The pharmacists know what they are doing  :thumbsup:

Thanks Bella, but I was just starting to understand .1mg/ml & thought whole idea of don’t is that it’s micro. The smallest reduction I can do with this liquid is .05mg per reduction it would be cut & hold and according to pharmacist. This will be cut & hold as I had withdrawAl @ just .125mg reduction cut hold with pills.  Can you still help with charts etc  an I cut smaller than what he’s saying @ this concentration

Here are 2 SIMPLE PLANS that we discussed previously. Pick one to get you started for the first month of your taper. We will work with you once you get going. Every month we can re-evaluate plan & adjust accordingly.  So PLEASE stop  :-\ :-\ :-\ about all this & just get started. It will be easy..you will see.... :smitten:

Jim Hawk just published a You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video showing in explicit detail how to properly use his application "Jim Hawks Create Your Own Taper Plan". Check this out it may help you  :thumbsup:

Here is a new "magical chart" for the new .5mg/ml suspension  :smitten:

eHOtbx5.png

Thanks Bella, but I was just starting to understand .1mg/ml & thought whole idea of don’t is that it’s micro. The smallest reduction I can do with this liquid is .05mg per reduction it would be cut & hold and according to pharmacist. This will be cut & hold as I had withdrawAl @ just .125mg reduction cut hold with pills.  Can you still help with charts etc  an I cut smaller than what he’s saying @ this concentration

Yes, I will help you & yes you can cut smaller if you have the specific 1ml 100 increment tuberculin syringes I suggested you purchase. PLEASE stop worrying Scaredie  :D  you have got this...you will see...it will be ok... I have to work today so I don't have time for questions that we have covered previously. Please revisit old posts if you have forgotten anything. Everything you need to know has been covered extensively  :thumbsup::smitten:

Here are 2 SIMPLE PLANS that we discussed previously. Pick one to get you started for the first month of your taper. We will work with you once you get going. Every month we can re-evaluate plan & adjust accordingly.  So PLEASE stop  :-\ :-\ :-\ about all this & just get started. It will be easy..you will see.... :smitten:

Jim Hawk just published a You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video showing in explicit detail how to properly use his application "Jim Hawks Create Your Own Taper Plan". Check this out it may help you  :thumbsup:

Here is a new "magical chart" for the new .5mg/ml suspension  :smitten:

eHOtbx5.png

Yes, I will help you & yes you can cut smaller if you have the specific 1ml 100 increment tuberculin syringes I suggested you purchase. PLEASE stop worrying Scaredie  :D  you have got this...you will see...it will be ok... I have to work today so I don't have time for questions that we have covered previously. Please revisit old posts if you have forgotten anything. Everything you need to know has been covered extensively  :thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you bellla. So how did decimal points. Change? Before it was .5mg =5.0  or .49mg=4.9 thank you much dearest I think conversion is now Amount of MIligrams need divided by .5mg=liquid ml dose

Thank you bellla. So how did decimal points. Change? Before it was .5mg =5.0  or .49mg=4.9 thank you much dearest I think conversion is now Amount of MIligrams need divided by .5mg=liquid ml dose

Hi Scaredie!

The decimal points trick will no longer work with the .5mg-1ml suspension. You can no longer just move the decimal point over 2 places (that trick only works for a .5mg=5ml (1:10)

If you really wanted to, you can make the new suspension .5mg=1ml like the original suspension (.5mg=5ml) by diluting it. This will only further complicate things.

I would suggest using the .5mg-1ml suspension you now have by following the chart below. When you get lower in dose then maybe consider the dilution of .5mg=5.0ml :thumbsup:

I found  error in the previous chart that I posted this morning (I did not have time to double check it this morning) sorry  :-[ So nix the previous chart...

Here is the corrected chart to use for your taper.  using the new suspension .5mg=1ml

RJqP575.png

If you really wanted to, you can make the new suspension .5mg=1ml like the original suspension (.5mg=5ml) by diluting it. This will only further complicate things.

If it's a suspension, as compounded liquids usually are, that's probably not an option.

If its an oil-based suspension, then it can't be diluted with water.

If it is a OraPlus/OraSweet suspension (more common) then it is limited to a 50% (1:1) dilution factor.

If it's a suspension, as compounded liquids usually are, that's probably not an option.

If its an oil-based suspension, then it can't be diluted with water.

If it is a OraPlus/OraSweet suspension (more common) then it is limited to a 50% (1:1) dilution factor.

Last I knew the pharmacist that she was using used the viscous Oraplus & OraSweet combo. If this is still he case, she can use the Oraplus to dilute. The 50/50 dilution factor will be irrelevant once more OraPlus is added... ;)

Last I knew the pharmacist that she was using used the viscous Oraplus & OraSweet combo. If this is still he case, she can use the Oraplus to dilute. The 50/50 dilution factor will be irrelevant once more OraPlus is added... ;)

Yes, that would definitely be an option.

I have to go. Yeah I got short in of stick in this deal. .5mg/ml so what’s this about ora plus diluting it. Thanks can’t ask pharmacist if he Did 50,50 solution, with ora sweet and plus, he won’t want me messing with his med. I’ll probabl just have to live with it.

Pharmacist said part of reason they decided to go to .5mg/ml is cost of ora sweet & plus for the volume I needed would put me over 100$, that and that he doesn’t think I need that concentration, & .1mg/ml would be too large of amount of liquid volume. I paid 45$ for 120ml of .5mg/ml feeling stuck now

Also left message doc office yesterday and manager replied doc won’t change sript. He could change his mind in a month but I doubt it,

When I first came on here asking if inshould switch psychs all said no, because he’s willing to let me go as slow as possible , but would do crossover, doesn’t know jack about liquid- should I find better doc for benzo taper?

How exactly would I dilute properly?

Must run.. thanks

Must run.. thanks

To change your .5mg=1ml solution to a .1mg=1ml solution, dilute it 4:1 with more OraPlus/OraSweet.

That means for each 1 ml of you liquid, you would add 4ml of OraPlus/OraSweet.

Probably cheaper and easier just to make a true solution by dissolving your tablets yourself.  JHHO

Must run.. thanks

To change your .5mg=1ml solution to a .1mg=1ml solution, dilute it 4:1 with more OraPlus/OraSweet.

Probably cheaper and easier just to make a true solution by dissolving your tablets yourself.  JHHO

Thank you. I thought about that option & yes there would be the cost of the ora products, then there’s the fact that my solution is in a medicine bottle and parts of it will stick to that bottle if I go trying to pour it out into something else to dilute it in, then part will stick to that container & fact that’s it’s premxed already seems seems sketchy/probably inaccurate to mess with it.

What’s JHHO?

If I get brave, take time to read what it entails, & it doesn’t feel like a hassle, nor another added expense, I may consider doing so & hit you up for help.

What are your thoughts on trying to taper with it as is?

Must run.. thanks

Thank you. I thought about that option & yes there would be the cost of the ora products, then there’s the fact that my solution is in a medicine bottle and parts of it will stick to that bottle if I go trying to pour it out into something else to dilute it in, then part will stick to that container & fact that’s it’s premxed already seems seems sketchy/probably inaccurate to mess with it.

What’s JHHO?

If I get brave, take time to read what it entails, & it doesn’t feel like a hassle, nor another added expense, I may consider doing so & hit you up for help.

Typo!  Should be JMHO  (just my humble opinion)

The .5mg=1ml will be OK.  Measuring tiny decrements will be a little more challenging, and you need to pay more attention to your conversion ratio (mgs:ml) but it will work.

Must run.. thanks

What’s JHHO?

Typo!  Should be JMHO  (just my humble opinion)

The .5mg=1ml will be OK.  Measuring tiny decrements will be a little more challenging, and you need to pay more attention to your conversion ratio (mgs:ml) but it will work.

Thank you. I had to purchase the liquid, as it was already made, & didn’t want to burn bridge with one out of only 3 compounders here. However, am very stressed about these new measurements and that doctor may never write proper concentration liquid script. Would defeat purpose as I go lower & maybe even now. Is that normal for psychiatrists not to understand dlmt? Thoughts on finding new phsych? I really don’t want to rock boat nor mess with what could be a good doc as far as tapering goes(as fast or slow as I want) but no equivalent crossover nor dlmt understanding. I admitadly left it up to the pharmacist to do most of the explaining via the email I sent info explaining it with as suggested, from this site, since I didn’t have a great understanding @ the time. My s.o. thinks he’s a quack... he was like what phsych doesn’t understand milliliters?!😤

I may just go back to pill dry cutting & try to use my .125 odts cut in half for small cuts although it won’t be like a % nor daily reduction. Hm..

Hi Scaredie!

The decimal points trick will no longer work with the .5mg-1ml suspension. You can no longer just move the decimal point over 2 places (that trick only works for a .5mg=5ml (1:10)

I would suggest using the .5mg-1ml suspension you now have by following the chart below. When you get lower in dose then maybe consider the dilution of .5mg=5.0ml :thumbsup:

I found  error in the previous chart that I posted this morning (I did not have time to double check it this morning) sorry  :-[ So nix the previous chart...

Here is the corrected chart to use for your taper.  using the new suspension .5mg=1ml

RJqP575.png

Thank you, Bella! I won’t be doing any diluting. When you get a chance could you please show me how to find/link go into Jim’s chart to fill out myself, if need be. You try to show me a chart for the .5mg/ml for a 3% cut? How do I know what numbers to plug into Jim’s chart up at the beginning top part, now with this new concentration? Be well

Thank you, Bella! I won’t be doing any diluting. When you get a chance could you please show me how to find/link go into Jim’s chart to fill out myself, if need be. You try to show me a chart for the .5mg/ml for a 3% cut? How do I know what numbers to plug into Jim’s chart up at the beginning top part, now with this new concentration? Be well

Hi Scaredie-

You really don't need to dilute this suspension  :thumbsup:

This is a customized chart made from Jim's application. The following charts show specifically how to calculate the 3% & make a chart reducing from the third all liquid dose first . I used the first two charts shown to make the final chart. You can do this by just typing in the percentage you want to reduce from, then move the dose to where ever you want to begin.

Here is link to Jim's program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk. Jim has also developed  this You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video showing in explicit detail how to properly use his application.

GKL9Ohg.png

4MTvPce.png

eCT9xda.png

Looks like you're ready to rock n roll  Scaredie 8)

Hi Scaredie-

You really don't need to dilute this suspension  :thumbsup:

This is a customized chart made from Jim's application. The following charts show specifically how to calculate the 3% & make a chart reducing from the third all liquid dose first . I used the first two charts shown to make the final chart. You can do this by just typing in the percentage you want to reduce from, then move the dose to where ever you want to begin.

Here is link to Jim's program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk. Jim has also developed  this You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video showing in explicit detail how to properly use his application.

GKL9Ohg.png

4MTvPce.png

eCT9xda.png

Looks like you're ready to rock n roll  Scaredie 8)

Thank you much again, Bella. I didn’t go to tutorial yet, but will. One thing I definitely don’t understand is when looking at the charts you made for the .1mg/ml concentration liquid, how when reducing @ 10% per 14 days, I was done tapering one .5mg dose on day 20 & with these new calculations for the .5mg/ml concentration liquid, even though you lowered the percentage of reduction(you did that so I could still microdose with more concentrated liquid right?), it takes 30 days @ 5% cut chart to get to .25ml(still working on the first .5mg dose) and then @ 3% cut I’m only @ .55ml @30 days. Why does it take so much longer to taper off that one .5mg @ this new concentration? Defeats purpose doesn’t it, if one wants to move things along, yet still micro taper? Actually takes longer to get off each .5mg right?

I also don’t get the part number of tablets to dissolve you typed in 1 where on chart & then wrote .5mg tablet with an arrow pointing to it. What does that mean? Does that mean That’s 1 tablet= one .5mg tablet?

Why are you having to calculate by quantity now, to get the percentage and then enter that as quantity instead of just plugging in what percent you want to reduce by, like you did before? Is it because Jim’s charts are set up for .1mg/ml concentration liquid?

You sad:

I used the first two charts shown to make the final chart. You can do this by just typing in the percentage you want to reduce from, then move the dose to where ever you want to begin.

Do you mean I can type in 5% reduction in top of chart instead of the quantity to get the percent? Or do I always have to fined my reduction starting with quantity(taking my 3.5mg then multiplying it by the percent I want to cut, then filling that amount in as quantity?)

So the best way for me to make a chart would be to make it all liquid & just write in which .5mg dose I’m reducing at the time, unless I want to combine liquid dose reductions with partial tablets?

No more magical charts😢

Boy have we been through it. Thank you so much Bella Amis. I will study more & hopefully you’ll have time to answer some of these questions. Have a good weekend!😊❤️

Thank you much again, Bella. I didn’t go to tutorial yet, but will.

You are welcome! If you studied the tutorial maybe some of these redundant questions would be answered.

One thing I definitely don’t understand is when looking at the charts you made for the .1mg/ml concentration liquid, how when reducing @ 10% per 14 days, I was done tapering one .5mg dose on day 20 & with these new calculations for the .5mg/ml concentration liquid, even though you lowered the percentage of reduction(you did that so I could still microdose with more concentrated liquid right?), it takes 30 days @ 5% cut chart to get to .25ml(still working on the first .5mg dose) and then @ 3% cut I’m only @ .55ml @30 days. Why does it take so much longer to taper off that one .5mg @ this new concentration? Defeats purpose doesn’t it, if one wants to move things along, yet still micro taper? Actually takes longer to get off each .5mg right?

I did this because you asked me to. The reason it takes longer to reduce by 3% instead of 5% is because 3% of your 3.5mg doses = .105mg & 5% of your 3.5mg doses = .175mg. So if you slow down the reduction % it takes longer to taper. That is the WHOLE purpose of changing the % to a smaller % is to go SLOWER. It takes so much longer because you asked me to change the %  from 5% to 3%. It does not defeat the purpose IF you are symptomatic & MUST slow down so your symptoms wane. If you want to "move things  along yet still micro taper" you need to start at 10% in 14 days ESPECIALLY if you are at a high dose & experiencing minimal or no symptoms. Jim's program is designed to give you the choice of whether it takes longer to get off of each .5mg or not by using either % or quantity functions. If you would study the tutorial & ALL of our previous posts this stuff has ALL been covered over & over & over..... :P

I also don’t get the part number of tablets to dissolve you typed in 1 where on chart & then wrote .5mg tablet with an arrow pointing to it. What does that mean? Does that mean That’s 1 tablet= one .5mg tablet?

Why are you having to calculate by quantity now, to get the percentage and then enter that as quantity instead of just plugging in what percent you want to reduce by, like you did before? Is it because Jim’s charts are set up for .1mg/ml concentration liquid?

I already went over this the last post with the visual chart...You just asked me " How do I know what numbers to plug into Jim’s chart up at the beginning top part, now with this new concentration?  Look at the last post in red on the charts...PLUG THESE NUMBERS INTO THE CHART.  :thumbsup: ".5MG "& below "1ml" Please study the tutorial to better understand these things, or better yet get started with your taper & we will address these minor details later.

You sad:

I used the first two charts shown to make the final chart. You can do this by just typing in the percentage you want to reduce from, then move the dose to where ever you want to begin.

Do you mean I can type in 5% reduction in top of chart instead of the quantity to get the percent? Or do I always have to fined my reduction starting with quantity(taking my 3.5mg then multiplying it by the percent I want to cut, then filling tgat amount in as quantity?)

You can type any number you want. Watch the tutorial.

So the best way for me to make a chart would be to make it all liquid & just write in which .5mg dose I’m reducing at the time, unless I want to combine liquid dose reductions with partial tablets?

If that is how you want to taper that is the best way :thumbsup:

No more magical charts😢

You are the one that asked "how do I taper from the 3rd dose & make a chart with all liquid 1 dose & the other 3 doses tablets. So I made the chart just as you ask & now you complain. No worries, I will not be making anymore magical charts, so do not ask me to  :D :D :D

Boy have we been through it. Thank you so much Bella Amis. I will study more & hopefully you’ll have time to answer some of these questions. Have a good weekend!😊

You need to start your taper. Your siggy says you were ready to start your taper 2 months ago. Study as you are getting off of the poison. You have a good weekend to Scaredie  :smitten:

You need to start your taper. Your siggy says you were ready to start your taper 2 months ago. Study as you are getting off of the poison. 

::):thumbsup:

Thank you much again, Bella. I didn’t go to tutorial yet, but will.

You are welcome! If you studied the tutorial maybe some of these redundant questions would be answered.

One thing I definitely don’t understand is when looking at the charts you made for the .1mg/ml concentration liquid, how when reducing @ 10% per 14 days, I was done tapering one .5mg dose on day 20 & with these new calculations for the .5mg/ml concentration liquid, even though you lowered the percentage of reduction(you did that so I could still microdose with more concentrated liquid right?), it takes 30 days @ 5% cut chart to get to .25ml(still working on the first .5mg dose) and then @ 3% cut I’m only @ .55ml @30 days. Why does it take so much longer to taper off that one .5mg @ this new concentration? Defeats purpose doesn’t it, if one wants to move things along, yet still micro taper? Actually takes longer to get off each .5mg right?

I did this because you asked me to. The reason it takes longer to reduce by 3% instead of 5% is because 3% of your 3.5mg doses = .105mg & 5% of your 3.5mg doses = .175mg. So if you slow down the reduction % it takes longer to taper. That is the WHOLE purpose of changing the % to a smaller % is to go SLOWER. It takes so much longer because you asked me to change the %  from 5% to 3%. It does not defeat the purpose IF you are symptomatic & MUST slow down so your symptoms wane. If you want to "move things  along yet still micro taper" you need to start at 10% in 14 days ESPECIALLY if you are at a high dose & experiencing minimal or no symptoms. Jim's program is designed to give you the choice of whether it takes longer to get off of each .5mg or not by using either % or quantity functions. If you would study the tutorial & ALL of our previous posts this stuff has ALL been covered over & over & over..... :P

I already went over this the last post with the visual chart...You just asked me " How do I know what numbers to plug into Jim’s chart up at the beginning top part, now with this new concentration?  Look at the last post in red on the charts...PLUG THESE NUMBERS INTO THE CHART.  :thumbsup: ".5MG "& below "1ml" Please study the tutorial to better understand these things, or better yet get started with your taper & we will address these minor details later.

You sad:

Do you mean I can type in 5% reduction in top of chart instead of the quantity to get the percent? Or do I always have to fined my reduction starting with quantity(taking my 3.5mg then multiplying it by the percent I want to cut, then filling tgat amount in as quantity?)

You can type any number you want. Watch the tutorial.

If that is how you want to taper that is the best way :thumbsup:

No more magical charts😢

You are the one that asked "how do I taper from the 3rd dose & make a chart with all liquid 1 dose & the other 3 doses tablets. So I made the chart just as you ask & now you complain. No worries, I will not be making anymore magical charts, so do not ask me to  :D :D :D

Boy have we been through it. Thank you so much Bella Amis. I will study more & hopefully you’ll have time to answer some of these questions. Have a good weekend!😊

You need to start your taper. Your siggy says you were ready to start your taper 2 months ago. Study as you are getting off of the poison. You have a good weekend to Scaredie  :smitten:

Hi Bella!

You said:’You are the one that asked "how do I taper from the 3rd dose & make a chart with all liquid 1 dose & the other 3 doses tablets. So I made the chart just as you ask & now you complain. No worries, I will not be making anymore magical charts, so do not ask me to  :D :D :D

Please don’t be upset, Bella. I’m so sorry you thought I was complaining about the magical charts. I’m certainly not, i was joking, when I said ‘no more magical charts’, I’m sorry my attempt at humor didn’t translate well. You’ve done more than anyone could expect to help me.

I loved the chart you made showing me how to do 3rd dose 1st with all liquid and the rest of the doses all tablets. Then my doctor & pharmacist changed the concentration & it confused me even more & unfortunately made your magical charts unusable. I was all set up to go with your charts until that happened. I do still want to taper that way, liquid for the dose I’m reducing tabs for all other doses & all we discussed, holding when 1pm dose reaches .25mg till 6am dose reaches .25mg then reducing them together. More apologies.

Are you saying I can type in percent or quantity reduction when you say, ‘you can type any number you want’? Since my concentration changed from .1-.5mg/ml, you started you started writing quantity instead of percent for reduction as apposed to before you were doing all charts with % reductions. So I am merely trying to mimic you so that I do it right.

You’ve said all along, ‘get your liquid & I will be there to help you if you need me’ so I got my liquid, although it’s not the concentration I’m comfortable tapering with, & now I feel like I’ve unwittingly offended you and will be left to fend for myself should I need help. I never would have ordered liquid without reassurance that you could help me along the way changing % or whatever.

I will change my signature. I was going to start taper when first came on here, then started reading and trying to understand all the different taper methods, which was time consuming and confusing, & I couldn’t decide on what to do. Then it was suggested to quit nicotine or benzos, but not both at the same time so thats what I did, I quit nicotine & have been having an extra hard time since. All of the above along with other health problems have held me back from feeling ready to start.

Thanks again for all of your selfless help. Please don’t give up on me & know that you’re more than appreciated.😊😍😃

Hi Bella!

You said:’You are the one that asked "how do I taper from the 3rd dose & make a chart with all liquid 1 dose & the other 3 doses tablets. So I made the chart just as you ask & now you complain. No worries, I will not be making anymore magical charts, so do not ask me to  :D :D :D

Please don’t be upset, Bella. I’m so sorry you thought I was complaining about the magical charts. I’m certainly not, i was joking, when I said ‘no more magical charts’, I’m sorry my attempt at humor didn’t translate well. You’ve done more than anyone could expect to help me.

I loved the chart you made showing me how to do 3rd dose 1st with all liquid and the rest of the doses all tablets. Then my doctor & pharmacist changed the concentration & it confused me even more & unfortunately made your magical charts unusable. I was all set up to go with your charts until that happened. I do still want to taper that way, liquid for the dose I’m reducing tabs for all other doses & all we discussed, holding when 1pm dose reaches .25mg till 6am dose reaches .25mg then reducing them together. More apologies.

Are you saying I can type in percent or quantity reduction when you say, ‘you can type any number you want’? Since my concentration changed from .1-.5mg/ml, you started you started writing quantity instead of percent for reduction as apposed to before you were doing all charts with % reductions. So I am merely trying to mimic you so that I do it right.

You’ve said all along, ‘get your liquid & I will be there to help you if you need me’ so I got my liquid, although it’s not the concentration I’m comfortable tapering with, & now I feel like I’ve unwittingly offended you and will be left to fend for myself should I need help. I never would have ordered liquid without reassurance that you could help me along the way changing % or whatever.

I will change my signature. I was going to start taper when first came on here, then started reading and trying to understand all the different taper methods, which was time consuming and confusing, & I couldn’t decide on what to do. Then it was suggested to quit nicotine or benzos, but not both at the same time so thats what I did, I quit nicotine & have been having an extra hard time since. All of the above along with other health problems have held me back from feeling ready to start.

Thanks again for all of your selfless help. Please don’t give up on me & know that you’re more than appreciated.😊😍😃

Hi Scaredie-

I am not upset...maybe just a little :D from having to answer same questions over & over. I am a "tell it like it is" kinda person so please do not take it any other way but what it is, the truth as I see it. I told you I would help you through his process & I meant that. So I will help you all the way through just like I said I would....so PLEASE stop all of the unnecessary worry & excessive questions... they only seem to confuse you even more. Just start your taper & we will address each issue as they present. You can learn as you go. This time of the year I am super busy & only have so much time to devote to the forum. So I like to" spread the love" ya know?

The  concentration is separate from the % fixed/quantity taper rate. The concentration must stay the same unless of course you decide to dilute. So keep this rate the same when you make a new chart, it is a given.

Re: "typing in any number you want" I was referring to changing your taper rate % ... So you can taper at 10% or 5% or 3 % or whatever % you want adjusting this % according to your symptoms.

Congrats on being nicotine free. I did gave up smoking in the beginning of my taper too, so I can relate. That HUGE accomplishment!! You should be very proud of yourself! You have done good Scaredie.

Now is the time to begin your taper. Just stick with the original plan to taper from your third dose using all liquid & using tablets the rest of your doses. Pick a percentage & go with it. I would start at 10% reduction every 14 days unless you are symptomatic. If you are symptomatic start at 5%. IF symptoms become uncomfortable, then you just decrease the % . The magical chart really in the way to go. So get started my friend, & I will help you through this ok?  NO WORRIES :smitten:

Hi Bella!

Hi Scaredie-

I am not upset...maybe just a little :D from having to answer same questions over & over. I am a "tell it like it is" kinda person so please do not take it any other way but what it is, the truth as I see it. I told you I would help you through his process & I meant that. So I will help you all the way through just like I said I would....so PLEASE stop all of the unnecessary worry & excessive questions... they only seem to confuse you even more. Just start your taper & we will address each issue as they present. You can learn as you go. This time of the year I am super busy & only have so much time to devote to the forum. So I like to" spread the love" ya know?

The  concentration is separate from the % fixed/quantity taper rate. The concentration must stay the same unless of course you decide to dilute. So keep this rate the same when you make a new chart, it is a given.

Re: "typing in any number you want" I was referring to changing your taper rate % ... So you can taper at 10% or 5% or 3 % or whatever % you want adjusting this % according to your symptoms.

Congrats on being nicotine free. I did gave up smoking in the beginning of my taper too, so I can relate. That HUGE accomplishment!! You should be very proud of yourself! You have done good Scaredie.

Now is the time to begin your taper. Just stick with the original plan to taper from your third dose using all liquid & using tablets the rest of your doses. Pick a percentage & go with it. I would start at 10% reduction every 14 days unless you are symptomatic. If you are symptomatic start at 5%. IF symptoms become uncomfortable, then you just decrease the % . The magical chart really in the way to go. So get started my friend, & I will help you through this ok?  NO WORRIES :smitten:

Thank you, Bella for the kind response & assurance of continued support!🙏🏼

I really am trying not to worry.

I thought you originally made my new chart @5% reduction because my concentration had increased therefore making smaller frequent cuts harder @ 10% reduction rate. Is that not the case? Doesn’t having this stronger concentration of liquid make it harder to make small enough dlmt cuts? Doesn’t it make the cuts larger(than @.1mg/ml @10% or 5% reduction)? Especially if I increase my % reduction@.5mg/ml?

I just went to the link you gave for Jim Hawks chart for me to plug in my own numbers. I put 1ml for total volume of liquid, 1 for number of tablets. I tried to reduce by 5% instead of by quantity of .175 and it gave me 2 different sets of reduction numbers, off by quantity reduction of .175 starting @.98ml & ending @ .03ml on day 39 & 5% reduction starting @ .97ml & ending @. 02ml on day 41. Is that significant?

The concentration was already entered as .50mg/ml in a pale font. Is that the same as .5mg/ml? It wouldn’t let me enter concentration. I put all liquid reduce 1st doses first(as I don’t know how to do both tabs/liquid)

Thanks again😊

I thought you originally made my new chart @5% reduction because my concentration had increased therefore making smaller frequent cuts harder @ 10% reduction rate. Is that not the case? Doesn’t having this stronger concentration of liquid make it harder to make small enough dlmt cuts? Doesn’t it make the cuts larger(than @.1mg/ml @10% or 5% reduction)? Especially if I increase my % reduction@.5mg/ml?

I did make it 5% originally then you asked for 3%. If you use the 100 increment tuberculin syringe you should not have any problems. Please stop worrying.

I just went to the link you gave for Jim Hawks chart for me to plug in my own numbers. I put 1ml for total volume of liquid, 1 for number of tablets. I tried to reduce by 5% instead of by quantity of .175 and it gave me 2 different sets of reduction numbers, off by quantity reduction of .175 starting @.98ml & ending @ .03ml on day 39 & 5% reduction starting @ .97ml & ending @. 02ml on day 41. Is that significant?

The application is purposefully designed this way. One method is slower than another. These features are described in detail here Fixed quantity verses Fixed Percentage I would recommend starting out by using the "quantity" choice if you are on a high dose with minimal symptoms. You can always switch at any point in your taper.

The concentration was already entered as .50mg/ml in a pale font. Is that the same as .5mg/ml? It wouldn’t let me enter concentration. I put all liquid reduce 1st doses first (as I don’t know how to do both tabs/liquid)

Thanks again😊

You actually control this output when you plugging in the numbers "1" for the # of tablets(.5mg) & "1ml" for the volume of liquid. This is how the total concentration is calculated by you plugging in specific numbers into the application. The application calculates this for you based on your input.  :thumbsup:

How to select both tablets & liquid. Here it is again:

width=200 height=350https://i.imgur.com/2ZEFUzb.png][/img]

I did make it 5% originally then you asked for 3%. If you use the 100 increment tuberculin syringe you should not have any problems. Please stop worrying.

The application is purposefully designed this way. One method is slower than another. These features are described in detail here Fixed quantity verses Fixed Percentage I would recommend starting out by using the "quantity" choice if you are on a high dose with minimal symptoms. You can always switch at any point in your taper.

The concentration was already entered as .50mg/ml in a pale font. Is that the same as .5mg/ml? It wouldn’t let me enter concentration. I put all liquid reduce 1st doses first (as I don’t know how to do both tabs/liquid)

Thanks again😊

You actually control this output when you plugging in the numbers "1" for the # of tablets(.5mg) & "1ml" for the volume of liquid. This is how the total concentration is calculated by you plugging in specific numbers into the application. The application calculates this for you based on your input.  :thumbsup:

How to select both tablets & liquid. Here it is again:

width=100 height=200https://i.imgur.com/2ZEFUzb.png][/img]

Oh thank you thank you!

So me putting in 1 for # of tablets & 1ml for volume of liquid is correct in my case to get .5ml & it’s ok that it says.50ml?

Yes, I know how to Tic the combine tablets button, thanks, I meant I just keep it all liquid as I’d like to reduce each .5mg dose by all liquid & the chart won’t do that, right? I’m not asking you to make me a magical chart, please don’t, but that is only way I can do it right without magical chart?

When you said magical chart is the way to go, did you mean I can make one? I’d have to have your software & knowledge right?

I’ll go read that quantity % bit, wanted to hurry & type this🌈😊

I’m in process of watching tutorial, my tech froze on me. Trying to learn

Much gratitude Bella be well

Oh thank you thank you!

So me putting in 1 for # of tablets & 1ml for volume of liquid is correct in my case to get .5ml & it’s ok that it says.50ml?

Yes, they are the same

Yes, I know how to Tic the combine tablets button, thanks, I meant I just keep it all liquid as I’d like to reduce each .5mg dose by all liquid & the chart won’t do that, right? I’m not asking you to make me a magical chart, please don’t, but that is only way I can do it right without magical chart?

When you said magical chart is the way to go, did you mean I can make one? I’d have to have your software & knowledge right?

I’ll go read that quantity % bit, wanted to hurry & type this🌈😊

I’m in process of watching tutorial, my tech froze on me. Trying to learn

Much gratitude Bella be well

Here is a way for you to make your own "magical" chart...you will need to print out a all liquid chart & a liquid combined with tablets chart. Print  BOTH  charts. Using scissors or a razor & cut out the columns shown in the illustration below. Tape the cut out columns on to a separate sheet of paper in the appropriate places....no software needed  ;)

How to make your own chart without any special software:

XdTtqIr.png