Movement issues

[go...]

The last few days my depression has become utterly unbearable. I don't know if these issues are from withdrawal or a symptom of the depression.

I basically feel like I can't move, like I'm borderline paralysed. It takes me so much effort to get up and walk to the bathroom. It just feels like gravity is 10x as heavy. Sometimes I feel like I can't move my arms/legs at all. I've never felt so low in all my life.

I'm scared because I can't physically exercise, the only reason I'm in this mess is because I had a bad reaction off lexapro that made me suicidal and subsequently needed ativan to calm me down. Talk therapy does absolutely nothing for me because it seems to be a mostly physical issue. I'm not sure how further I can go down this path but I don't see any way to reform.

I was a short term user and have been off for 5+ months now.

The last few days my depression has become utterly unbearable. I don't know if these issues are from withdrawal or a symptom of the depression.

I basically feel like I can't move, like I'm borderline paralysed. It takes me so much effort to get up and walk to the bathroom. It just feels like gravity is 10x as heavy. Sometimes I feel like I can't move my arms/legs at all. I've never felt so low in all my life.

I'm scared because I can't physically exercise, the only reason I'm in this mess is because I had a bad reaction off lexapro that made me suicidal and subsequently needed ativan to calm me down. Talk therapy does absolutely nothing for me because it seems to be a mostly physical issue. I'm not sure how further I can go down this path but I don't see any way to reform.

I was a short term user and have been off for 5+ months now.

I am mostly *paralyzed* too.  I too wonder if it is depression (the darkest at that) or something else.  Simple tasks are seemingly impossible.  It's truly horrible because I want to do so much.  You have my sincere empathy.  I was re-traumatized as well, not sure if that is part of it as well.

So glad to have read these posts as it's the same for me and it does feel like paralysis.  I need and want to do things but stay stuck having to force myself to move.  Had bad reaction to Lexapro too. 

Have thought that the trauma of it all has somehow "paralysed' me with fear. 

:smitten:

Dee

Still *paralyzed*.  This is getting real old.  Too many weeks of it now straight from having gone back to exercising strenuously too.  Hope you others are doing better.