Immune'ish

[On...]

I'm sorry, was hard to find a place where this topic really fit in, so here goes:

Are there people that are immune'ish to withdrawal? Say, using Xanax for 3-4 months, 2-3mg daily or bi-daily, and get away with it without any real problems? Just trying to build a picture of what to expect, since most stories are absolute horrorstories with hallucinations and seizures. Maybe I'm just a wuss, but I need to know that it can potentially go smooth sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be very rare that it would be smooth sailing for you.  I have read about a case where it wasn't very difficult, but from everything I know and have experienced I wouldn't rely on it.  You might read Baylissa Frederick's book called Recovery and Renewal, it is chalked full of information that would be helpful and prepare you for withdrawal.

Best of Luck.

If you try to do a very slow taper the chances that it would be smoother for you would be increased

I took xanax when I was 18 years old for about 3 years and I taper in 3 weeks and come off with no problems but last year I took it only for 10 days and cold turkey that I am in trouble right now so try to do a slow taper you ll be fine.