Introduction as Clonazipam user trying wean off

[Mo...]

I’m 69 married male trapped in Sevre stress, anxiety and dipression since last five years due some family traumatic ongoing issue. Suffered badly due side effects of many Snto depressants. Damaged both eyes n gone thru catracted and the Gulucoma surgeries and still suffering from dried eyes problems, plus digestion and blood clot in lungs and now cervical neck pain and body muscle and bone pains. Now became treatment resistant. Did CBT and even ECT therepy but nothing helps. Using Clonazipam since last Three years and wanted to get rid of it due it’s addicting effects. I started with 2mg dose and started weaning off since last one year very slowly like 0.625mg at a time. Right now I am at 0.75 mg since last two days and hope to get rid of it soon. During these periods I had sleepless ness problems which recently helped by my Nurologist prescribing OTC Melatonin 10mg which helped me sleep at least 6-7 hrs. Instarted 15days ago m hope it will work. I started weaning off at my own. So far nothing serious happened. Although I’m going through same stress, anxiety and depression but feel less foggy brain then before. Any suggestion, advice, support and help will highly appreciated. I was very social and active but now I’m very scarred, fearful, isolated, sad, sick, hopeless, helpless, worthless, supportless person feeling difficult to get out of bed and get out of house daily. Don’t know what to do. My psychitrist seems tired in changing prescriptions so I stopped seeing him and tried Neurologist who MRI my brain and cervical and found brain MRI ok and Cervical neck MRI have some problems so he started treating me. Hope I may get some relief. Looking forward to have your all support, help and advices as I am new member and introducing myself here.

Welcome to Benzobuddies, we are glad to have you as a new member!  I'm sorry you've been going through all this, it's hard, I know, especially when one is older.  I'm 68 and though I never felt old before, the issues of aging are beginning to appear for me.  Getting old isn't easy, that's for sure.

We generally recommend starting out tapering at a rate of 5-10% every 10-14 days, and then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  One exception: very short term users may be able to taper faster than that.

Here are a few useful links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Again, welcome!

Megan918

Administrator