Anxiety No Win

[Mi...]

I feel like I can’t win. I was put on klonopin for severe paralyzing anxiety which I’ve had for several years and which never goes away. Tapered some, too fast, in Jan.

Sounds like being on klonopin causes anxiety and that withdrawal also causes anxiety. Then there is rebound anxiety. What to make of all this?

Thanks,

Miamigirl

Same, went on for anxiety, then the anxiety went away and I started getting anxiety after hangovers and before I went to bed then once tolerance hit i was getting 3 4 panic attacks a day with constant background anxiety. When I went off I was absolutely miserable. Now it's better. Try to distract yourself. I drink chamomile and mint tea. I also take L-Theanine when it gets really really bad.

Yes, unfortunately these drugs put many of us in a "no win situation."  Eventually, you reach tolerance, and, it's either "up or out"--either you increase your dose to feel normal or you taper.  If you increase your dose, you will eventually reach tolerance and start getting even more anxious from inter-dose withdrawal. If you decrease your dose, you will get anxiety from tapering.  That's why I

am a fan of valium crossovers; although anxiety is always going to be an issue if you taper, the steady bioavailability in your blood

mitigates this to an extent.  You should also be coupling whatever taper you're doing with CBT, though.