Be myself agin

[Je...]

Hello i have only been on xanax since januray due to a traumtic event w my dauhter .  i was taking .25 2x a day then went to half of that a few days ago and idk if it was to much to fast . i just want off the stuff and felt bad today and realized it may be some withdraw.. I need support please.

Thank you so much 

Hello Jerseygirl18 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

You will get plenty of support here. I am sorry for the trauma you went through!  You will be yourself again. Benzodiazepines should be tapered slowly, if you have used them more than 2/3 weeks.  Reducing by half is too fast, reducing the daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb. You can go a little quicker than this, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you so much already for this info!

I feel better already and not so alone..  :-\

From your experience with these do you think I am ok to go back up then a little bit since its been only a few days since i had reduced by half since it mau have been to much to fast..

Thank you so much already for this info!

I feel better already and not so alone..  :-\

From your experience with these do you think I am ok to go back up then a little bit since its been only a few days since i had reduced by half since it mau have been to much to fast..

If the symptoms are unbearable then it might be best to go back up a little and stabilise before starting your taper. Withdrawal from benzos can be tough, but I promise it will be worth it.  You will get plenty of support here, and you are definitely not alone.

Magrita  :smitten: