Hello, I'm here for help

[op...]

Through college and my early career I used alcohol and xanax as my coping strategy for stress and anxiety. Eventually, I started having panic attacks. I tried anti-depressants, but nothing helped and ended up in the hospital. I ended up on daily benzos and was also still drinking, but much less than before. I got on the road to recovery, and after time I completed a long taper off librium and was able to work again, but soon after stopping the drug, the panic episodes were back. I'm now 8 months post taper and 6 months sober from alcohol. I need support for protracted benzo withdrawal. I still have symptoms, and it makes it hard to function.

Hello opensource :hug:

Welcome to benzobuddies!

We are glad you found us, I am sorry you’re still having a rough time of it. Please know that it's not unusual for symptoms to linger for a while after a taper is completed.  The time it takes to feel better varies from person to person, it can take many months and longer for some of us.  You will eventually recover given more time.  Well done getting back to work and on the sobriety too, you should be so proud of your achievements.

Congratulations on being benzo free.  We have many supportive and kind members here who will support you and give sound advice. Feel free to check out the forum and post to any of our dedicated threads.

The Ashton Manual is a great resource about benzo withdrawal.  It will give you information about the recovery process.

I will put a link to it:  Professor Ashtons Manual

Here is a link to a recovery support board: Post withdrawal recovery support.

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard.

Magrita