Celebrities/Idols that made it to the other side

[Fl...]

Hey, do you guys have anyone in the public eye you look up to who've been through the same?

So personally I have had my eyes on two celebrities/artists who appeared to have had their battle with benzodiazepine addiction, coming off them, and coming out victorious with some of their best work. You may have heard of these two, both rappers: Eminem and Chance the Rapper.

Chance the rapper struggled with a "very bad xanax addiction" somewhere 2014-2015 and took 6 months to recover.

"I had the pool. I had the movie theater. I had the basketball court. I was doing it real big. I was Xanned out every fucking day. I was just fucking tweaking. I was a Xan-zombie, fucking not doing anything productive and just going through relationship after relationship after relationship. Mind you, this is six months. So think about, like, how could you even do that?”

He speaks about it about halfway in this video:

Eminem, as many know, went through a significant transformation since around 2008-2010, after curbing an addiction to sleeping pills, including valium. Almost died from an overdose, was hospitalized, and at one point stayed up for 3 weeks straight with severe insomnia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bpvT3VjOiU

As an aspiring artist/musician myself, it is somehow inspiring and comforting to me to realize that these pills cannot permanently make one lose their creativity and brain cells permanently. That they're still able to come out the other end and thrive. They both seem to be very fulfilled, happy, and healthy. I suppose writing music and exercising are both good activities to take on.

Wow...I did not know they went through this. I recently seen Eminem perform on TV and I remember hearing the spokesperson saying something about recovery for him but I had turned the channel. Does music help you through this?

• 2 weeks later...
as you probably know... Stevie Nicks... the book "Gold Dust Woman: A Biography of Stevie Nicks" had some details.....

Hey, do you guys have anyone in the public eye you look up to who've been through the same?

So personally I have had my eyes on two celebrities/artists who appeared to have had their battle with benzodiazepine addiction, coming off them, and coming out victorious with some of their best work. You may have heard of these two, both rappers: Eminem and Chance the Rapper.

Chance the rapper struggled with a "very bad xanax addiction" somewhere 2014-2015 and took 6 months to recover.

"I had the pool. I had the movie theater. I had the basketball court. I was doing it real big. I was Xanned out every fucking day. I was just fucking tweaking. I was a Xan-zombie, fucking not doing anything productive and just going through relationship after relationship after relationship. Mind you, this is six months. So think about, like, how could you even do that?”

Eminem, as many know, went through a significant transformation since around 2008-2010, after curbing an addiction to sleeping pills, including valium. Almost died from an overdose, was hospitalized, and at one point stayed up for 3 weeks straight with severe insomnia.

As an aspiring artist/musician myself, it is somehow inspiring and comforting to me to realize that these pills cannot permanently make one lose their creativity and brain cells permanently. That they're still able to come out the other end and thrive. They both seem to be very fulfilled, happy, and healthy. I suppose writing music and exercising are both good activities to take on.

Dude Chance ? No waaaaaay

6 months ? No waaaaaay

Dude Chance ? No waaaaaay

6 months ? No waaaaaay

Yeah man, 0:42 @

"I got caught up with a lil Xan, can't stop me but it slow me though"

He was on a pretty lengthy hiatus before his last album because he was "emotionally, physically, and mentally sick" from the xanax addiction (read somewhere), pretty inspirational to see where he is now.

[1a...]

I saw in a video that Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance was given Xanax due to alcohol abuse. I know he's solo now but I never found anything related to benzo withdrawal... I think about it sometimes though, he disappeared for a while after the band was over.

It's a surprise for me to know Eminem went through this.

[f2...]

Robert Downey Jr. admits that he was always surrounded by drugs.

He  used both cocaine and Valium prior to his 2000 and 2001 arrests.

He’s stayed sober since his release from an addiction program following those arrests.

:smitten: