• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mo...]

• [az...]

• [Da...]

• [se...]

• 2 weeks later...

Spoon - You Got Yr Cherry Bomb

Was into Spoon big-time in 2016!  Check out Divine Fits (I'll upload that today!  It's superduo of Britt Daniel/Spoon & Dan Boeckner/Wolf Parade)

Oasis - Rock n Roll Star

Huge Oasis fan - Have a decent collection of quality soundboard bootlegs; so great live!/will upload a live clip of a favorite R n R Star performance.

Not a song people haven't heard of or anything, but I really love it.

I just discovered this artist & this is great place "Miscellaneous" b/c very tough to categorize. 

I'll try:  Take Sheryl Crow, Shania Twain, Taylor Swift, Alessia Cara & Shawn Mendes, mix 'em up in a blender & you'll have idea!  :);):D

Very excited about this artist!  Just ordered Girl-2019 release.  Was between that or Hero, debut-2016.  Both sound terrific! :thumbsup:

Maren Morris - Flavor

Perfect timing, this sounds just right after getting home from making myself jog. I did it, and i'm doing well with tapering caffeine. Down 3/4 of where I was last week, I think my brain is mad at me right now. I Feel Stupid, but I know that my brain is lying to me because this is what is good for "it" (her?)

xx's, CuzKK

:smitten:

Az

-  Was into Spoon big-time in 2016!  Check out Divine Fits (I'll upload that!  It's superduo of Britt Daniel/Spoon & Dan Boeckner/Wolf Parade)

-  Huge Oasis fan - Have a decent collection of quality soundboard bootlegs; so great live!/will upload a clip of a favorite R n R Star live performance.

Oasis - Rock 'N' Roll Star - Live @ Chicago Metro 1994

Divine Fits Live on KEXP  (CD/LP is A Thing Called Divine Fits)

So glad Maren Morris came in handy that day!  I'm currently into Maren Morris CD "Girl".  Received earlier in the week; have listened about 4/xs.

Good for you re: caffeine!  And, jogging - congrats!  :thumbsup:  I can barely walk.  :'( :sick:::) I'm currently really into Maren Morris CD "Girl". 

:)  :D 

A-Thing-Called-Divine-Fits-Divine-Fits.jpg

I’m back to doing nothing Cuz, but I’m so sorry you can’t walk at all. I’m stuck inside again too, fibro-like pain and all kinds of symptoms on top of the fairly extreme photosensitivity. Thanks for celebrating with me for the days that did seem hopeful. :/ Think diet slips into wheat and dairy didn’t help.

:stretcher::mybuddy:

I’m back to doing nothing Cuz, but I’m so sorry you can’t walk at all. I’m stuck inside again too, fibro-like pain and all kinds of symptoms on top of the fairly extreme photosensitivity. Thanks for celebrating with me for the days that did seem hopeful. :/ Think diet slips into wheat and dairy didn’t help.

Ohhhh....ouch for you.  Fibro's been a demon for over 15 years for me.  Not the pain issue I was prescribed the ativan; that occurred prior & was treated twice w/weekly cycles of lidocaine trigger point injections, along w/physical therapy.  For many years afterwards, even while on ativan (the ativan actually didn't remove or/hide all pain, but certainly did help a lot, allowing me to be highly functioning before tolerance w/d of agoraphobia set in) monthly massage was also a big help, esp. when I'd get lucky & have a massage therapist who had some physical therapy training (3 of them I'd seen did!) & they'd also stretch me.

If ever this agoraphobia leaves... :-\

Off to view Graham Norton show on BBC America - Renee Zellweger's on.  Hopeful my eyes (& brain :D;) ) can remain alert for it!  :hug:

Ohhhh....ouch for you.  Fibro's been a demon for over 15 years for me.  Not the pain issue I was prescribed the ativan; that occurred prior & was treated twice w/weekly cycles of lidocaine trigger point injections, along w/physical therapy.  For many years afterwards, even while on ativan (the ativan actually didn't remove or/hide all pain, but certainly did help a lot, allowing me to be highly functioning before tolerance w/d of agoraphobia set in) monthly massage was also a big help, esp. when I'd get lucky & have a massage therapist who had some physical therapy training (3 of them I'd seen did!) & they'd also stretch me.

If ever this agoraphobia leaves... :-\

Off to view Graham Norton show on BBC America - Renee Zellweger's on.  Hopeful my eyes (& brain :D;) ) can remain alert for it!  :hug:

That is a lot of pain for one person, you have been through so much with physical pain. :smitten: I like Renee Zellwegger and I’ll see if I can catch it too. Sheesh, just writing this much was seriously difficult. What a sad state of affairs. Sending hugs and hope for healing, we will keep hanging in there together.

The Strokes - Hawaii

Cool - I never heard this & I'm big into The Strokes  :)  :D  ;D 

Thanks Cuz :) It's buried on one of their EPs. I hadn't heard it until long after it was released either. Lots of stuff around the internet from Julian Casablancas that is difficult to find any other place.

I like Wolf Parade and Spoon, so I will check out the Divine Fits. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm sure you've also heard of the Handsome Furs? Another spin off of Wolf Parade. They have some great music too:

Handsome Furs - Dead + Rural

The Strokes - Hawaii

Cool - I never heard this & I'm big into The Strokes  :)  :D  ;D 

Thanks Cuz :) It's buried on one of their EPs. I hadn't heard it until long after it was released either. Lots of stuff around the internet from Julian Casablancas that is difficult to find any other place.

I like Wolf Parade and Spoon, so I will check out the Divine Fits. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm sure you've also heard of the Handsome Furs? Another spin off of Wolf Parade. They have some great music too:

Handsome Furs - Dead + Rural

You're welcome re: Divine Fits.  Nice choice-Handsome Furs!  :)

Are you familiar w/Amoeba (L.A. record shop) What's In My Bag? podcasts on youtube?  Wolf Parade is definitely one of my favorites, if not the #1!  Layne Staley (Alice In Chains is another).  -  So knowledgeable & cool dudes!  8)  ;)  Below:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"The Moon"

The moon is not only beautiful

It is so far away

The moon is not only ice cold

It is here to stay

When I lay me down

Will you still be around

When they put me six feet underground

Will the big bad beautiful you be around

Everyone says they know you

Better than you know who

Everyone says they own you

More than you do

When I lay me down

Will you still be around

When they put you six feet underground

Will the big bad beautiful moon be around

Cause the moon is not only beautiful

It is so far away

The moon is not only ice cold

It is here to stay

Everyone says they know you

Better than you know who

Everyone says they own you

More than you do

Haven’t listened to Cat Power in years as been to distressed to listen to music I like for years. Now justvtried that and hyperacusis causing too much terror.

I always like this video of hers:

On a better day heard this recently heartbreaking and beautiful: