Trouble sleeping

[Th...]

Sorry you are suffering but you are just starting on this journey and lack of sleep comes with it. Your brain is healing all of the time and since you were on meds for 10 years it will take several years to heal. Just take it easy and try to find things that you can do to help you through the days and nights.

Sorry you are suffering but you are just starting on this journey and lack of sleep comes with it. Your brain is healing all of the time and since you were on meds for 10 years it will take several years to heal. Just take it easy and try to find things that you can do to help you through the days and nights.

Humiliation and  shame is all I feel.  I'm trying to get through it

I do too. I actually do believe I'm gonna one day kill over from this. I even gave my body more benzos and still nothing.  >:(

You will not keel over from this.  Giving your body more Benzos is like throwing more gasoline on a fire in an attempt to put it out.  It is futile at best.  The only way to begin to get sleep back is to accept the fact that you won't get much for some time and stop trying to find drugs to knock you out with.  All Rx drugs for sleep quit working unless you want to keep going up in the amount you take.

There is always a price to pay in the form of lack of sleep when taking drugs to sleep with.  The only way out of the WD mess, is to go through the process.  There are no shortcuts or magic pills to take.  If you get desperate, try something OTC (without alcohol) or something natural.  You can beat Benzo WD insomnia, BUT ONLY after you are off of the Benzos and any other drug used for sleep.

Humiliation and  shame is all I feel.  I'm trying to get through it

No can know the humiliation and shame until someone has walked in our shoes. DO NOT GIVE UP EVERY! You need to find something that you can do each day if only for a short time. What every you do keep on moving forward. It gets easier with time and only time.