What brings me here

[Lo...]

Hi. I have been taking clonazepam for a number of years approx 15. I was prescribed it for generalized anxiety disorder . I was on 2 mg taken at bedtime. About 9 weeks ago started withdraw on a suggested schedule by psychiatrist. It wasn't long before several symptom started. She had me go down .25mg for 2 weeks then another .25mg for 3 weeks then same reduction for 4 weeks. Right now still holding at the dose of 1.25  mg. I am wondering if it has been too fast cause I feel beyond terrible. Trying to figure out how to proceed.

[33...]

Hello, Loveyourselfalways :) - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Those are pretty huge cuts, so it’s not surprising that you’re feeling so terrible. Members here will be happy to help you find a stabilizing dose and plan a more comfortable taper.  :thumbsup:

I'm glad that you decided to join the forum – our members have gone through benzodiazepine use and withdrawal themselves, so you'll find plenty of information and support here.

Here are a couple of links that may be a good starting place for you:

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

Please take a moment to Create a Signature. This will allow members to see where you are in the process, so that they can better support you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Leslie  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative resource on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery. It provides information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations.

For those who are currently tapering, a starting guideline is that the dosage not be reduced faster than by 5-10% every 10-14 days, although some taper even more slowly than that. One exception: very short-term users of a few weeks or less may be able to taper somewhat faster.

[33...]

I am new at this. Don't know how to go about creating a signature. Tried but no success .

Click on 'Profile' then 'Account Settings', Then 'Modify Profile', in the drop-down list click 'Forum Profile'. From that page, scroll down almost to the bottom and type in your info in the Signature box. Make sure and click 'Change Profile' at the bottom.

And that's it.  :thumbsup: