Hello

[No...]

Hello everyone.

I have been prescribed Xanax for 13 months. It started with .5mg a day and Dr. Increased it to 1mg a day. I started noticing weird sensations when I forgot to call in my refill on time. I felt shakey and twitchy by day 3. I also checked my blood pressure at it was sky high...like stroke levels. This caused me to start reading up on Xanax and i was horrified. So I started taking only .75 MG a day a week and a half ago. I am a single mom and the only income in my home. From the horrors I have seen on YouTube and the discomfort I am feeling with just the 1/4 decrease,  it is obvious that I need to begin a very slow taper asap. I have come to this forum for help as I am afraid to tell this to my Dr. for fear of him cutting me off cold turkey. With my high blood pressure, I am terrified of seizures and stroke. Thank you

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello Nova930!

We are very glad that you found us! Sorry you are struggling. The symptoms you describe are common in benzo withdrawal. Try not to worry to much. You are on the right path. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery. You will find many supportive knowledgeable people here who will support you in your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below. Check them out!

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

CLICK HERE > To Create a Signature < CLICK HERE for a direct link OR go to the top of the page and select >Profile< then click >Forum Profile< then insert drug history/timelines into the text box then click >Change Profile<

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's Manual 

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)  Xanax Support Blog  What's happening inside your brain

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days  Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk