Must Be Sleepwalking now...

[Ma...]

Like the 2nd or 3rd time this happened, I took half a dose of Nyquil I was out I guess by 2am, woke up at 6am and my Door was opened, my door is kind of a mess but I have an Inside sliding latch lock, I locked it yet again I wake up and its opened....Anyways I got up Closed it again and tried going back to sleep from 6 till 9 then I just got up

Of course I feel terrible and awfully drained again today so I know the sleep did not do much, I just wonder how my door again opened...If I am sleepwalking Im sure something would have been out of place

Mark,

I am very surprised that Nyquil has "knock out" power like a Benzo!  I know everything affects everyone differently, but from what you are saying and from your previous posts, you don't get any sleep without taking some and when you do, you are out for quite some time once in a while?  Right before I went CT from the Benzos, even 2 or 3mg couldn't put me out for more than an hour or two tops. 

I would look into eating a clean diet, exercising (if possible) and drinking lots of water.  Many people that sleep OK every night feel drained, tired and lethargic the next day.  A lot of the new research suggests that what we eat plays a HUGE roll in our overall health.  While WD insomnia could be slamming you and making you feel bad, some of it could be diet related too?

I usually felt pretty darn good the next day if I got 4 hours or more of sleep the night before.  Some of your feeling lousy could just be psychological too?

Here is a link to an overview of sleepwalking:  http://www.sleepeducation.org/sleep-disorders-by-category/parasomnias/sleepwalking/overview-facts

I assume maybe the slight Alchohol and the calming effects of the Nyquil assist me, I try to not take full doses each night so I limit it to half, I just wake up still even with it and today for sure I feel more rotten then other days

I think I slept 2-3 hours then maybe another 2 after I woke up, probably why when you wake and go back to sleep I think quality could be worse

Well last night was just bad, 4 hours and even with a half a dose of nyquil could not sleep, my cough and hacking was at a all time high, thing is my cough is a bad dry cough, I dont cough nothing up but I get alot of long winded ones as well

Mark,

Maybe to you 4 hours isn't much sleep, but there are plenty of people on this forum that would love to get 4 hours a night.  Try to be a bit more positive and thankful for whatever sleep you get.  It will help with your recovery.  You will get past this.  At least be thankful that you don't have SFI!  :thumbsup:

TheWay you misread, I said 4 hours in bed and with nyquil could not sleep...I slept none, I was in bed trying for 4 hours, NO sleep sadly

Mark,

Sorry, you are right...I did misread.  But you will still get past this.  I went for months with the every other night sleep pattern.  Some sleep one night, followed by no perceived sleep the next night.  Unfortunately,  that is pretty common in the Benzo WD world.  Benzos truly are the bane of our existence. 

Please remember that while it doesn't feel like it right now, your situation is TEMPORARY.  It won't last forever.  You will heal and get better.  It just takes way more time than we would like and along the way we get very frustrated and start looking into other causes for our lack of sleep.  But I can assure you they are all Benzo related.

sadly last night was one of the worst ever, Started to try sleep at 2am until 5:30 I tried got out of bed walked around abit then tried again till 7:15 got up again walked abit more then maybe if ANY 7:30 till 11am or close to it If I even dozed off I was lucky, I tried all that time and nothing, sad thing is I took my half a dose nyquil as well and thats not helping anymore.....so I am a Mess BIG TIME

The other night I went to bed early because I had to wake up at 4:00 am to catch a plane for a long day's business trip where I had to give presentations and "perform" for clients all day. Of course sleep was very elusive because I felt that I needed it so badly. I just kept reminding myself that even when I feel awake in bed I am resting and probably even getting sleep that I am not aware of. Because I remained relaxed and stayed in bed the day went well for me. Yes I yawned a lot (something that I did not do in the earlier times), but everything worked out fine in the end. I think that if you allow yourself to get anxious and frustrated you deny yourself a lot of badly needed rest.