Need help with how to stop ativan

[Sc...]

Hello! Im on this forum because I'm honestly afraid and confused and I don't know what to do. I am currently trying to get off of ativan. I started a month and a half ago on. 25mg dose once a day for a week and a half.i was assured I would not become addicted to this. I didn't need it that following weekend so I didn't take it for three days. The withdrawal symptoms kicked in hard and fast and I was so confused. So I tried for a week after to split my original. 25mg into 4 and take that once a day for a week. Again stopped taking it for a few days after that and experienced hard withdrawal symptoms. For about three weeks now I've been taking the 1/4 of the. 25mg every few days but I know this isn't working and I'm confused on how to taper. I've tried help from my doctors but keep being told that I'm fine and I have no need to quit this medicine. This is ruining my life. Does anyone have any suggestions?

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello Scaredofwithdrawal!

We are very glad that you found us! I am sorry you are struggling. The majority of short term users get off this class of medication with minimal symptoms & heal quickly. For some reason (maybe genetics) some people are extremely sensitive even after only using benzo for a short duration. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery. You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

CLICK HERE > To Create a Signature < CLICK HERE for a direct link OR go to the top of the page and select >Profile< then click >Forum Profile< then insert drug history/timelines into the text box then click >Change Profile<

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's Manual

Ativan Tapering Thread  General Taper Plans    Withdrawal Support (during your taper)  What's happening inside your brain

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days  Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk