6 weeks out from final dose

[Da...]

Hi guys,

I am 6 weeks out from my final dose of Diazepam. I know the recovery process can take a long time, but I'm nevertheless getting pretty impatient. This has easily been the worst 6 weeks of my life, and I'm hoping I can get some help from you guys with some of the withdrawal effects. My main problems are digestion related, as well as pretty severe insomnia and anxiety. Look forward to speaking with you!

Count

[2f...]

Hello, CountChocula :) – welcome to BenzoBuddies, and congratulations on being benzo-free!

Insomnia, anxiety and a host of other unpleasant symptoms, are all typical following the cessation of benzos. Luckily they dissipate over time. :thumbsup:

I'm so glad you decided to join the forum – you'll find plenty of information and support here. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through.

The following board may be a good place to begin posting your questions:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Please take a moment to Create a Signature. This will allow members to see where you are in the process, so that they can better support you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Leslie  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative resource on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery. It provides information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations.