11 Months Update

[gi...]

Hi Everybody,

I just recently hit the 11-month mark.  All in all I'm not doing too bad and I'm grateful for that, but I do have some issues that still plague me, mainly DP/DR, perceptual distortions, diminished sense of smell/taste/touch, air hunger (comes and goes), and occasional motor coordination problems.  I also got slammed recently with a couple of cortisol rushes upon waking, scary, I posted about it.  Other than that, everything has improved vastly.  I can sleep ok (6-7 hours a night) and exercise without getting revved up, also my memory is back, and the depression has lifted to the point that I am hopeful about the future.  Several months ago I wouldn't have thought it was possible.  Depression was really bad for me in the first 6 months, tried a lot of things, not worth it, it goes away on its own.  Anxiety is at bay too, I am ok most of the time, unless something bad happens and then I may get revved up for a day or two.  It is work in progress though, and I'm not taking anything for granted.

I wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement.  I was in a very sorry shape when I came to benzo buddies last year, and you all have made this journey so much more bearable and helped me regain my footing to the point that I can function.  There is still work to be done, but I am optimistic about the future.  I wish us all a complete and unequivocal healing.

ginger127

:smitten:

OMG congratulations! c/t is no joke I C/t 11/6/17 and going through hell still  :'( are u or did u by any chance have any heart problems like fast heart rate  my resting heart rate is 85-90 and it’s scary I do have lots of dp and dr as well I was on 0.5 mg three to 4x Daily for 2 years then ct

Congratulations Ginger!  You are doing fine and I'm happy you can see the progress. I also have some motor coodination problems and would like to share experience about them. It is also good you are optimistic as it helps. I'm strucling with optimism as some day I am but the othr days it is totally missing. T.

Very, very happy for you Ginger! Thank you for keeping us informed of your progress! Hope and pray that you will feel better and better and will be posting your success story soon! 

Blessings!

Pi

Thank you everybody for your kind replies, your support means everything.  Recovery is hard work, but when we stick to being benzo-free, healing does come eventually, even if it takes a very long time and we may feel like giving up at times.  It's all about a long-term goal, no matter how many months or years it takes to achieve it.  Healing hurts and it's not linear, so when setbacks happen, we have to roll with the punches and continue.  Wishing all of us a full and complete recovery, so we can have our lives back, we deserve it.  Thanks!