Benzo Free!

[ho...]

I joined BenzoBuddies, because I am looking for support and answers to questions.

I took Ativan and Klonopin for about 11 years for a seizure disorder until a non-benzo began working for me. I was on 1-2 mg/day for Ativan and 1-4mg of Klonopin/day.

I finished a 6 month taper on January 12th, 2018, and I'm continuing to feel the waves. I have been looking for support for nearly a year, and I don't want to continue fighting this battle alone. I know I would not want to take another benzo again, but my body doesn't care what I feel at the moment. I need to know I'm not alone on this journey and that it's OK to still have withdrawals after 3 months.

[35...]

Hello Hope4Hope!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.  Thanks for joining us.

Congratulations for being benzo free.  btw - your post said that you jumped in 2017.  Did you mean January 2018??  That would be more like 3-4 months??

Anyway - it's very normal to still be feeling the effects of withdrawal after 3-4 months.  I'd say that most of the people here experience withdrawal symptoms longer than that.  I think you'll find many individuals here who are on a similar journey to yours.  I hope you make some valuable connections.

If you haven’t already done so, please take a thorough look at the Ashton Manual.  It is an authoritative guide to benzodiazepine tapering and includes sections on what to expect during withdrawa.  The manual can be found at this link:  http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual

Here's a link to the Post-Withdrawal Support section of the forum.  I think it will be a good place to share your story and read about others' adventures.  Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Please take some time to Create a Signature. This will help other members understand your history so they will be better able to support you.

Go to the top of the page and select Profile, then choose Forum Profile, insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile.

Again, welcome!