Ativan

[To...]

Hi, I've been on for about 3.5 months. .5 per day, trying to get off but I've been dealing with hand tingling, confusion, and other symptoms as I cut down. Looking for a place where others can understand what I'm dealing with.

Hello Tommie7889 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community, you will get plenty of support here.  Well done on your taper so far, the symptoms you describe are common in withdrawal. Its always best to get checked, rule out other causes.  Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb, you can slow it down, whatever feels comfortable. The aim is to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.BenzoBuddies Community Forum Homepage

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thanks for the welcome. I've cut down .50 to .375 to .25 over the last weeks after 3 months of close to .5 daily. I have windows where I feel ok, but I'm hit with daily waves of stomach pain, anxiety, vertigo symptoms, feeling like passing out, lack of sleep etc. It seems taking the pill doesn't help and only makes the symptoms worse. I'm seeing my Dr tomorrow to try and get a new taper schedule. Functioning has been difficult to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...
Update - 1 month off and doing great. Still have anxiety at times but it's manageable. 1st week off was terrible but improvement started from there on. Hope this helps others.

Update - 1 month off and doing great. Still have anxiety at times but it's manageable. 1st week off was terrible but improvement started from there on. Hope this helps others.

Ok please keep us updated. I took Ativan for insomnia about the same length of time as you ... A little less. Took it every three days the final month. .5

I am three months off and still have depression/anxiety tennitus and insomnia. Then all the symptoms that come with depression and anxiety. Mornings are absolutely horrible.