Test results from endocrinologist today

[DB...]

I saw my endocrinologist this morning for my test results. All test are perfect, but my testosterone is very. He want to start me today on low dose testosterone gel twice a day. He said the only reason to start me on this is because of my symptoms. We're going to do 3 months then have all the blood test again. Hopefully this is a step in the direction.

Hello DB.

Did you also get tested before you started benzos?

I ask because benzos definitely impacted my endocrine results.

Before benzos, everything was normal. While on them, 1) my thyroid was nearly hypothyroid, 2) cortisol was suppressed below the bottom of the range 3) testosterone was halved 4) prolactin (stress hormone) went up significantly.

Since I've been tapering down, all my results have been heading back to normal and look like they'll be fine again when I'm healed from withdrawal.

I'm curious about this with you, because your T and hormonal profile may have been impaired by the benzos, as mine was. And in that case exogenous T may be slightly abrupt.

You say the doctor is prescribing based on clinical symptoms, but does he know that withdrawal can cause many if not all of the same symptoms as low T?

Just some thoughts anyway, I'm sure you've made a well reasoned choice to start something major like this.  :thumbsup:

Hello DB.

Did you also get tested before you started benzos?

I ask because benzos definitely impacted my endocrine results.

Before benzos, everything was normal. While on them, 1) my thyroid was nearly hypothyroid, 2) cortisol was suppressed below the bottom of the range 3) testosterone was halved 4) prolactin (stress hormone) went up significantly.

Since I've been tapering down, all my results have been heading back to normal and look like they'll be fine again when I'm healed from withdrawal.

I'm curious about this with you, because your T and hormonal profile may have been impaired by the benzos, as mine was. And in that case exogenous T may be slightly abrupt.

You say the doctor is prescribing based on clinical symptoms, but does he know that withdrawal can cause many if not all of the same symptoms as low T?

Just some thoughts anyway, I'm sure you've made a well reasoned choice to start something major like this.  :thumbsup:

Same happened to me.

Do remember that by using TRT, your own testosterone production will stop, so maybe u should be on it for life. Or you would have to start up your own production again after quitting the gel by doing a PCT which can result in an even lower tesosterone level then when u began.

Keep in mind that hormones tend to amp symptoms.

It’s a little concerning to me that the only reason for putting someone on synthetic hormones is for symptoms that may be associated with a different condition.

I really don't know what to believe anymore. So many people saying what it is and what it's not. I'm lost.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I've tried androgel for 1 month now and feel terrible. Does anyone know if I can quit cold turkey? Or should I go down to 1 pump? I'm leaning towards CT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DB, I've also wondered about starting TRT to help withdrawal but with your story I feel like it may not help. Before benzos I was on TRT and I felt awesome, so it seem for you, like most of us, it's just plain withdrawal and not any hormone imbalance.

I was on a high dose of Test and CT without any side effects, just fatigue and not feeling awesome anymore, so it's completely safe in my experience.

I'm no longer on it and feel ok. Once I'm healed I'll deal with the low T. My endo did suggest injection might have less issues for me.

I agree, this wd is just the craps. Nothing but time will set us straight.