Tolerance

[St...]

I was wondering why some people seem to be able to take restoril for years and never develop a tolerance for it  but I take it two weeks and develop a tolerance that fast. Wouldn't it  make sense that if I develop a tolerance that fast, I should be able to have a shorter withdrawl or I am I looking at this in a totally wrong way?

Generally speaking the shorter the amount of time on Benzos the shorter the WD.  There are exceptions.  It is not uncommon for some to reach tolerance in a few weeks.  Benzos are designed for short-term 2-3 week use max.  Adding other Rx drugs into the mix can complicate your WD.

I sent you a pm about this but I'll ask you here. Should I just up the dose a little on the klonopine to take the place of the mirtazapine and start getting sleep or should I just stop everything? I've went over 10 days with no sleep before and when I don't get sleep, my head feels horrible! Like an unbearable tightness.

I sent you a PM back.  Many would strongly caution against dropping an Rx drug cold turkey.  It depends on how long you have been on Mirtazapine and if it is helping you to sleep or not.  There is a risk of having a seizure if you have been on a high does of a Benzo for a few months or longer and then you drop it or do a cold turkey.  I have not heard of any seizure risk from stopping Mirtazapine?  Have you tried not taking the Mirt for one night?  If so, do your symptoms ramp up?  Is your sleep affected?

I would get off of the K-pin first and then work on the Mirt.  If you cut from 2mg to .3mg in a month or so, that is way too fast for a taper.  The guidelines here suggest a 10% cut every 10-14 days. That is probably why your sleep is so terrible?  Maybe you could benefit from updosing the K-pin to an amount that lets you get some sleep and then do a slower taper?

Good luck.

I've been on mirt for 2 weeks. Ive been on some sort of benzo since the beginning of Oct but have only took a very small dose of klonopine just to taper since Feb 20. I'm doing the liquid taper now. I was thinking of going back a day and not taking the mirt tonight just to see if I sleep.