Highest heart rate from anxiety

[An...]

I used to suffer from deliberating panic attacks. Thankfully the attacks are no more. Occasionally I do experience svt episodes when something really upsets me or I am in a frightening situation. Highest mine ever was was 166 bpm. I expressed my concerns to doctors and they said as long as my ekg was fine, which it was and my heart rate slowed down within a reasonable amount of time, such as if I were exercising then sat down after a few minutes then I am ok. What was your heart rate? Any similar experiences?

I have never checked, think it would only worry me. But I notice, the heart beats very hard and quickly, at least stress. It's worst when I'm going to sleep, then I can hear the heartbeat. But it has calmed down a bit, maybe because my tinnitus shouts higher? It is certainly a very common symptom of withdrawal, and the quick heartbeat can come at any time.

My highest ever was 110 bpm, but I've read on these forums that some people have had theirs in your range.  Your EKG is fine, so that's good news.  I would check your heart rate only if you have been lying down (not sitting) for at least 10-15 minutes and are reasonably calm, that's more reliable reading.  Also, heart rate may go up when we know it's being measured, so try to think nothing of it when you measure it.

• 2 weeks later...
My resting heart rate was around 130 the first month after a huge cut, and it would go up to 190 for several hours at a time during panic attacks.  I don't think it ever went above 200 (or if it did, I didn't measure it at that time).

• 3 weeks later...
135. Then I stopped hovering over my wrist. Lol. It is scary and I throw a bunch of ectopic beats as well. If your doctor says your ticker is ok, these bursts of rapid beating will not harm you, nor shorten your life. :thumbsup:

Mine was around 160 in the acute phase,

Now in the post acute phase it’s been around 130

Does anyone feel like having low grade electric sensation inside along with the heart palpitations?

Mine was 128 when i hit tolerance but I did not check it during detox because I did not want to know. Normally it runs 60.

My heart  is more like a diesel engine if doesn't really increase in rate much when the adrenaline hit it just pound harder.