Ty for accepting me. Here's my story!

[An...]

On a "low" dose of Klonopin since 2015. I began taking it for panic attacks. I have not had panic attacks almost a year now and my anxiety is under control and to feel free I would like to successfully wean off this. I tried in the past when my anxiety was still very high. I take .05 mg a day. Looking to do this right . My doc recommended reducing 25 percent each month but I think that is too much . Also am I at risk for seizures on this dose taking it daily roughly 3 years. Just want to be safe. Thanks again for accepting me.

Welcome to Benzo Buddies. we are  a support and information group for those wanting to taper off of benzodiazepines. Please look through our guidelines and the information sections to acquaint yourself with us.

There are numerous taper methods, and guidelines, as well as support from other members tapering off of medication. You will find a wealth of solid information on not only how to taper, but what to expect as you do so, including symptoms you may experience.

We encourage a slow safe taper with your doctors support, and will help support you through the process.

The information sections regarding tapering methods, symptoms common to withdraw, and our various topic specific forums should help you out as you start and refine your journey.

In the forums pertinent to your circumstances, you will find other buddies going through their own tapers. This is a good place to ask questions, and receive guidance.

Please read through the sections "community policies and documents," then, on to the sections most appropriate for you in planning your taper.We have some pretty powerful and helpful information section  in the "Benzodiazepine Withdrawal & Recovery" Support section.

Again, welcome to Benzo Buddies, you have come to a safe, confidential informative support group, and we are happy to have you as a member.

We look forward to reading more from you over the forthcoming days and weeks.

Take care,

BB Team

Hi Anxietyfree  :hug: Welcome to the forum, we are glad you joined. I don’t believe you will be at risk of seizure if you slow taper.  We have a great community here of knowledgeable and friendly people who understand this process and will be willing to share their experience with you. 

Tapering slow can help to minimize withdrawal effects.  It is generally recommended to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days.  This is a guideline and it is ok to adjust this schedule for your own comfort.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual , It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

Anxiety     

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to”Create a signature”

Magrita