My story

[Jo...]

Was given Xanax  by a friend, only took it 3 weeks stopped cold turkey and for 2 months I’ve been TERRIBLE. Admitted to 2 mental health units, can’t feel my brain. Just want to post on here to get information and maybe reassurance.

Hello Joshc :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies

I am glad that you have joined our community.  I am sorry you’re having a rough time after short use. Benzos are recommended short term 2/3 weeks. I don’t think you have taken these drugs long enough to develop dependency, I think whatever withdrawal symptoms you are dealing with, will ease off soon! 

The Ashton Manual is a very good resource about benzo withdrawal.  It will give you information about the recovery process.

I will put a link here:  Professor Ashtons Manual

Please feel free to ask questions, we have many supportive and kind members here who will support you and give sound advice. Feel free to check out the forum and post to any of our dedicated threads.

Here is a link to a support board:  Post withdrawal recovery support.

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard It will get better

Magrita