I am new here.

[Jo...]

Hello and thank you. I have browsed the boards for months, getting so many tips and consoling thoughts. I never dreamed that Xanax would be this much of a bear to kick. I took Xanax for 14 years, maxed out at 3 mg daily...... I never understood what it does to your brain! I am currently  "stuck" at 4 doses of .25 mg daily. My aim is to cut .25 every three weeks. 2 weeks ago I started taking Buspar and it seems to be helping. Tremors,  palpitations,  dizziness  and racing thoughts are my major difficulties. Also sleeplessness and panic and racing heart upon awakening. I know I will emerge from this. I hope for brighter days. I hope this for all of us who tremble in the shadows.

Hello and thank you. I have browsed the boards for months, getting so many tips and consoling thoughts. I never dreamed that Xanax would be this much of a bear to kick. I took Xanax for 14 years, maxed out at 3 mg daily...... I never understood what it does to your brain! I am currently  "stuck" at 4 doses of .25 mg daily. My aim is to cut .25 every three weeks. 2 weeks ago I started taking Buspar and it seems to be helping. Tremors,  palpitations,  dizziness  and racing thoughts are my major difficulties. Also sleeplessness and panic and racing heart upon awakening. I know I will emerge from this. I hope for brighter days. I hope this for all of us who tremble in the shadows.

Thank you 🌌

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello Joyatlast51!

We are very glad that you found us! Sounds like you have a great start with your taper. It is common to get stuck once one gets lower in dosage. Hang in there. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery. You will find many supportive knowledgeable people here who will support you in your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below. Check them out!

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

CLICK HERE > To Create a Signature < CLICK HERE for a direct link OR go to the top of the page and select >Profile< then click >Forum Profile< then insert drug history/timelines into the text box then click >Change Profile<

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's Manual 

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)  Xanax Support Blog  What's happening inside your brain

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days  Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk