Anybody from the DC-MD-VA Area want to network?

[Pi...]

Looking to see if anybody from the DMV area wanted to meet up for a coffee (decaf) or go for a walk.

chat on here? Its illegal to meet. >:(

Be well.

[75...]

In general, using BenzoBuddies to arrange meet-ups is against forum rules, because members' anonymity would be compromised. 

In order to promote such a group on this forum, you'd have to get the express permission of Colin, our founder, and would have to hold the meeting in a public place that could be verified. This isn't an easy thing to prove to our satisfaction.

So, we recommend that members use THIS forum for support, since it is the only forum of its kind online at present. It's an excellent resource, and it's anonymous.

:thumbsup:

In general, using BenzoBuddies to arrange meet-ups is against forum rules, because members' anonymity would be compromised. 

In order to promote such a group on this forum, you'd have to get the express permission of Colin, our founder, and would have to hold the meeting in a public place that could be verified. This isn't an easy thing to prove to our satisfaction.

So, we recommend that members use THIS forum for support, since it is the only forum of its kind online at present. It's an excellent resource, and it's anonymous.

God forbid somebody make friends!

So sorry!

[75...]

So sorry!

We’re not afraid of members making friends, but there is the risk of making ‘frenemies.’ This is a real concern, and problems do occur – we try to make it as safe as possible for members here.

You might consider one of the Facebook groups for arranging meet-ups, where people are already identified, more or less.

So sorry!

We’re not afraid of members making friends, but there is the risk of making ‘frenemies.’ This is a real concern, and problems do occur – we try to make it as safe as possible for members here.

You might consider one of the Facebook groups for arranging meet-ups, where people are already identified, more or less.

I will follow the rules of the forum, but what you just said is ridiculous. Firstly, if anybody wanted to meet, clearly they would understand the "anonymity" would be lost and it would entirely voluntary. Secondly, what makes you think for a second that most of the FB accounts are real names or pictures? Half the people have no friends and a profile picture of a bird.

I am not a fan of censorship, especially for a medium that says it is here to "help people."

That being said,  I do enjoy the support here, so its no problem.

[75...]

‘More or less’ meant that Facebook fakery is possible, but the main point is that when you signed up you agreed to the forum rules, so there’s no point now in characterizing them as ridiculous, or as censorship.

If you have any further issues, please take them up at the Helpdesk.

So sorry!

I will follow the rules of the forum, but what you just said is ridiculous. Firstly, if anybody wanted to meet, clearly they would understand the "anonymity" would be lost and it would entirely voluntary. Secondly, what makes you think for a second that most of the FB accounts are real names or pictures? Half the people have no friends and a profile picture of a bird.

I am not a fan of censorship, especially for a medium that says it is here to "help people."

Hello Pittking,

We ask that all members of the forum are respectful towards other members, including team members.  We are volunteers who give our time to help keep this forum running for the benefit of all who need support.  LeslieAsh is simply doing her job, which is to make sure the forum's guidelines are followed. 

Let's let this go now.

Thank you,

Challis

Hello Pittking,

We ask that all members of the forum are respectful towards other members, including team members.  We are volunteers who give our time to help keep this forum running for the benefit of all who need support.  LeslieAsh is simply doing her job, which is to make sure the forum's guidelines are followed. 

Let's let this go now.

Thank you,

Challis

Are you not reading this thread? I said (and I quote) 

But you admins keep having to have the last word. Think about this...I wanted to set up a help group, TO HELP people. I gave feedback on your policy, but also agreed to follow your rules. Chill.

Any further disrespect towards the team will result in your posting privileges being put on pre-moderation status.

Please explain the "disrespect" that occurred?

Any further disrespect towards the team will result in your posting privileges being put on pre-moderation status.

Please explain the "disrespect" that occurred?

Please start a Helpdesk ticket as LeslieAsh asked several posts ago.

Some background to these rules will probably help:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=78011.0

Note, there is a warning about this at the top of the personal message area with a link to the above advice.

There is no rule against setting up outside support groups. What isn't allowed is the solicitation of contact details though the PM system or on the forum boards without one of the team first checking out the legitimacy of the support group. These systems were developed because of a few seriously unhinged, abusive, stalker-types. Here are a few more links which will explain a bit more about the background:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=198936.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=190804.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=154161.0

I hope that helps.

Some background to these rules will probably help:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=78011.0

Note, there is a warning about this at the top of the personal message area with a link to the above advice.

There is no rule against setting up outside support groups. What isn't allowed is the solicitation of contact details though the PM system or on the forum boards without one of the team first checking out the legitimacy of the support group. These systems were developed because of a few seriously unhinged, abusive, stalker-types. Here are a few more links which will explain a bit more about the background:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=198936.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=190804.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=154161.0

I hope that helps.

Thank you for the respectful and helpful reply. This makes se se now.

Have a nice Sunday!