Participation in this forum

[So...]

It seems to me tha a lot more people in different forum are suffering from insomnia; yet I don't see them participating in this forum at all. I wonder why? Maybe because insomnia is such a horrible symptom that they rather not talk about it anymore. I heard other people say that there are too many irrational people and negativity comments that they rather not participate. I think this forum should be about supporting each other...and if we have to vent out our frustrations and suffering so be it. I particularly like to participate in this forum because I have found inspirational support which I am very grateful. May not cure my insomnia, but just the encouraging words of others can help. I am fighting with all my might to beat this, and I know time is the healer. I worry that I will take a long time for me. I worry that I will go crazy. I guess we all go through a worry phase. My husband is getting discouraged, and I know I have to be strong for the both of them and pray for him also.

Insomnia was my biggest problem First thing in the morning I check while having my morning cup of tea is the insomnia section of BB .I am very grateful to it as it really helped me understand wd .But I wish I had discovered it earlier .I had suffered such scary sleepless nights during initial withdrawal days with no one to guide and comfort me . 

So Solyluna you can share any of sleeping problems in this section as there are lot of good people who are suffered from insomnia and always drop in to help .

Yes, this forum is for support.  You will get past insomnia.  Be patient.  Keep praying.  Acceptance and Distraction are key to getting past insomnia.  Not caring if you sleep or not will help too.  It will get to a point where life will be livable.  You are NOT broken.  Insomnia affects almost everyone going through WD. It sucks, but is survivable until you get enough sleep each night to live a normal life.

Hang in there.  Even thought it doesn't seem possible right now, you will recover!  Your sleep will return! :thumbsup:

The insomnia gets better, it just takes a very long time. I am almost 18 months out and most nights I am able to sleep 6-7 hours. Sleep quality is also improving. So please have hope and keep going one day at a time...