21 Month Update

[ar...]

Fellow Warriors,

I am 21 months off and doing really awesome.  I am not symptom free yet.  The symptoms are mildly annoying and that's it.  Here is what is left for symptoms:

-Minor sleep disturbance.  Outside of that, sleep quality of getting better.  I sleep 7 to 8 hours.

-I can exercise hard but once I hit 4 miles running, I can feel my CNS start to struggle a bit.  This is getting better as time goes on.  I can hit the weights and bike hard without issues.

-Headaches a few times a month.  The annoying benzo headache that causes some nausea and the feeling of heaviness.  Only annoying but getting less intense.

-Involuntary muscle twitching.  I don't give a shit about this but it's getting better as time goes on.

That's all I can really think of for now.  I am out living life and thinking about this less.  In the beginning we feel raw and exposed.  As time goes on the CNS will "harden".  I went from utter hell with insane head pressure to this point.  All is good!

As I always say for advise is to keep going.  Time is your healer.  Concentrate on the NOW and improvements.  Don't dwell on the past and don't put any expectations on your healing for the future as you will most likely get disappointed.  Stay the course.

I promised myself I will write a success story when I am completely symptom free.  If you have any questions, I can answer them in this thread.

Cheers!

Hey! Congrats!

In starting month 21 also

Sometimes I still have some weird thoughts. Do you relate?

My sleep is also not perfect yet, but very good compared to what it was

Ihope heal the thoughts totally

Awesome news!  I'm 21 months out and still struggling unfortunately.  Windows 100%, but waves can still be incredibly intense.  Did you have windows/waves or did you heal more gradually?

Thanks for coming back to offer hope to those us still in the trenches.

:smitten:

WR

Awesome news!  I'm 21 months out and still struggling unfortunately.  Windows 100%, but waves can still be incredibly intense.  Did you have windows/waves or did you heal more gradually?

Thanks for coming back to offer hope to those us still in the trenches.

:smitten:

WR

I had windows and waves but my baseline was getting better after each wave.  The waves are getting less intense over time to the point of just annoyance.  The best I can explain is it feels like it is fizzling out...I am feeling stronger like my CNS is hardening.

Hey! Congrats!

In starting month 21 also

Sometimes I still have some weird thoughts. Do you relate?

My sleep is also not perfect yet, but very good compared to what it was

Ihope heal the thoughts totally

Fortunately I haven't had any mental symptoms after the taper.  I was a downer during the taper because the Valium was making me feel that way.  I have myself back, it's just the annoying little physical stuff now.

I just wanted to share something.  When you're in a wave, look at it this way.  You're in a healing event.  Your baseline will improve after the event.  Try to welcome the wave with joy.  Do not resist it.  Accept it knowing that your baseline will improve.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I generally endure the waves by reminding myself that it's how healing feels, and a better baseline will emerge.  It always does.  All the best, WR

Thanks for the encouragement.  I generally endure the waves by reminding myself that it's how healing feels, and a better baseline will emerge.  It always does.  All the best, WR

You'll get to a point where the waves get easy.  When that happens you'll smirk or give it the middle finger and get on with your day.  :)  Just another healing event.

Stay tough

Wonderful to hear and am so very happy for you! Thank you for taking time to share your healing progress. Gives me hope and encouragement that I will get better and better and heal completely one day!

Sending you my love and heartfelt prayers for more healing your way. Hope to see you write your success story soon!

Blessings!

Pi

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to share something.  When you're in a wave, look at it this way.  You're in a healing event.  Your baseline will improve after the event.  Try to welcome the wave with joy.  Do not resist it.  Accept it knowing that your baseline will improve.

I needed this today, thank you

Congrats on 21! and YES, that quote is soooo true.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if you're still on here at times, but I was filling your taper. How did you decide when and by how much to slow down as you got below 1.5mg?

Thanks!