My experience on Buspar

[...]

I was having bad chest pains after a long hold with many good windows.

I took 7.5mg Buspar at 2pm.

30 minutes later, I feel high as a kite, dizzy, brain zaps, fog - but maybe I am calming down.

I will try to update this post as I learn more.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Ol...]

• [Gr...]

• [Sa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Buspar to have a very tiny little effect of making me sleepy and calm.  It was never very powerful but sometimes it really helped.

I have tried the Buspar and was having bad brain zaps, felt high and couldn't take it.

I had brain nonsense on...lexipro!  I think it's ALL BAD.  Better living through chemistry RIGHT?  Right.....

I took the Buspar 90 minutes ago - it is doing things - I am dizzy, fog, zombie like feelings, hot flashes, maybe brain zaps - maybe the chest pain is going down.

Ok - the effect of Buspar seems to be gone after 3 hours.

My chest pain might have improved.

I was told it takes time to get the benefits of Buspar.

I think I will try it again before bed and if my sleep is ok, I will stay on it for a while.

If long term use of Buspar stabilizes Benzo withdrawal, I would be happy.

Took second dose of Buspar at 9pm.  Still having chest pains.  This was a long day of chest pains - so strange because I really had 4 pretty good days recently on this most recent Klonopin cut.

One hour later - spacey or dizzy but chest pains not as bad.

Maybe I should reduce my dose.

I am wondering how my sleep will be tonight.

Good night everyone.

Thanks GreenCup - I didn't take any today.

I plan to try very small doses (3.75mg) every other day to see if I can learn something.

Yesterday I took the 3.75mg in morning and my chest pain wasn't too bad.  I slept pretty good last night - I learned not to take Buspar in evening as it hurts my sleep.

I woke up today feeling good - no chest pain and little anxiety.

Like I said, today is a zero Buspar day.  My chest pain was gone until 3pm, now it is back and it hurts and I am burping all the time.  I wish I could now take a Buspar to see if the pain will go away but it is too late in the day - it would keep me up tonight.

My status of taking Buspar 3.75mg every other day...

Yesterday was a NO Buspar day and I will say, I woke up this morning with more anxiety than the day before.

Today is a Buspar day. Took in morning.  As usual, 30 minutes later, I still get a strange high dizzy feeling.  Lasts about one hour then no problems.  If anything, I think it lowers my anxiety.  Maybe a mild headache sometimes.

My chest pain seems “less painful or nearly gone” in the mornings but comes back in the afternoons.  But today, the chest pains did not come back very strong.  I am trying new things like lowering pressure on CPAP and sleeping with head up. 

But I also must remember, I had chest pains 7 months ago - before I knew about Klonopin withdrawal via BB - and that time, the chest pains also went away.

Today was a no Buspar day.  I woke up with less anxiety.  No chest pain until like 6pm and then it didn't last very long.  I think I had a good window today.

Here is the status of taking Buspar every other day (3.75mg).

For mornings when I took the Buspar the prior day, I wake up that next morning with less anxiety.

For mornings when I did NOT take Buspar the prior day, I do have some anxiety at wake up.

So I think it is reducing my anxiety.

On days I take it, I do get dizzy in 30 minutes but that goes away in an hour or so.

I can also report my chest pain is going away.  Not sure if it is due to reduced anxiety from the Buspar (my doctor thinks that) or if it is just time to have a window.  I have been holding my klonopin taper for about 8 weeks.

My study on Buspar continues.

I was doing 3.75mg Buspar every other day. 

For 2 days, my chest pain (and burping) mostly stopped.  That is what the doctor said - he said Buspar would reduce my anxiety and then my chest muscles would stop being so tight and heal.

So now to further prove it was the Buspar, I shall stop taking it for 3 or 4 days and see what happens with my chest pains and anxiety.

I stopped the Buspar experiment 3 days ago.

My chest pains are almost gone.  The constant burping is also nearly gone.

Was this because I held my dose constant for 8 weeks or did the Buspar actually help?

In any case, tonight I start my micro day daily taper. 

I am at 0.125mg Klonopin now.  Reducing by 0.001 mg per day for a month.

Thanks for all of your updates! Do you think your chest pain and burping were related? I'm so curios. I am super gassy but I have a hard time burping. I also get heartburn but it's not like the heartburn I used to get pre benzo, it is more like chest pain kind of roiling around in there. Does that sound like yours?

Yes OliveKitty / that sounds exactly like my chest pain. Also, when my burping frequency goes up so does my chest pain.

I sometimes think sleeping with my head and back raised helps but it’s probably all about withdrawal anxiety and it just takes time to get over it.

Hi OliveKitty,

You will find many people say it does nothing.  My theory is those people might have been on a cold turkey or tapered too fast and really suffering.  Buspar isn't a strong drug and probably not strong enough to help someone in the worst shape.

But, according to my doctor, constant anxiety can be the source of chest pains and Buspar does reduce anxitey.  It takes a few days to figure out your dose and when to take it.  And it is a little freaky for the first 30 minutes or an hour. But then it just settles down and I feel better.  If taking to near bed, it hurts my sleep.

Anyway, it seems harmless - I stopped it without anything withdrawal effects.

As I start my next taper (tonight) if I get any strong withdrawal effects, I will take the Buspar again.

Good luck.

Bob

I read buspar can take 4 weeks to reach it's full potential. Is this accurate?

While I also read stuff like you said, I found it worked faster than that.  I think people are different. 

ALSO, I can tell you for certain, within 30 minutes of the first dose I ever took, I felt some things.  Mild almost pleasant brain zaps and some dizzy feeling.  Every time I take Buspar, in 30 minutes, I get this same effect.  It lasts 1 or 2 hours and then goes away.  After that, for one or two days, my anxiety is less.

I can also say, the longer I tried it, the better it helped my anxiety.

Now to be fair, I was so sensitive it it, I only took 3.75 mg (1/4 a pill) every other day but I do think my anxiety was going down.

But also to be fair, I was on the 7th week of my Klonopin hold so maybe it was just finally time for the withdrawal anxiety to go away.

I am still not sure.  Was it Buspar or the long hold?  Either way, I am better now and ready to start my next taper.