Could anxiety be linked to low pH?

[Te...]

Has anyone checked out their pH level? I was reading this: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/panic-attacks-as-ph-problem/ I didn't realize that an imbalance of pH can lead to anxiety and panic attacks. I checked the lab test that I recently got, and I had 6.0 at that time. Inadequate water could also up the acidity in the blood.

I'm taking baking soda to bring the pH up (as well as my GFR) because it seems that my normal diet (which I thought was good) isn't working very well. I also am taking a load of blood pressure pills, which I'm sure causes more of an imbalance. I take the baking soda two hours from my pills because I saw that there could be a drug interaction.

Just wondering if anyone has considered this. You can buy pH test strips online (I learned this from Sweet pea). I never even considered this as a reason for my ongoing anxiety. pH values go from 0-14, so a 6 is very low. 7.5 seems to be optimum.

Terry,

Supposedly a lot of people have a urine pH of about 6 to 6.5.  From what I understand urine should be slightly acidic, not the neutral pH.  The accuracy of the test strips would be the only issue I would think.  So the baking soda will bring up the GFR?  I am still kind of undecided about taking it still, got to keep reading the pros and cons to determine if it will help me. 

Hope we get more positive feedback, well feedback without judgement about the pH strips and the baking soda. 

Sweet pea

I'm so confused about the whole thing, Sweet pea. But yes, it would be nice to hear from others!

I read that baking soda does bring up the GFR, but as to how long it takes, I don't know. It's all about getting more alkaline foods into the body. That, I think, is the bottom line with the kidneys. And baking soda has a high alkaline content.