3 weeks benzo free AND...

[Ro...]

Everyday here better and better. I noticed about 5 days ago, my brain was starting to reboot, I could literally feel a difference in my mind and body. I still have waves but everyday gets better and better. Yesterday I was able to go to the hardware store, Walmart and an electronic store. 2 weeks ago I literally couldn't get out of bed. While I'm Walmart I had a cortisol surge and a burst of anxiety but other than that. It was amazing being able to get out and do things again. When I wake up, I'm no longer with fuzzy head, my cog skills are coming back, I'm feeling very hopeful which helps me get through the waves. :)

Hi! I had a question for you. I have been off 5 weeks and went to the store yesterday and Its like all my symptoms peaked. Is that what you mean by cortisol surge? I have never had a problem going into the store until the taper/ jump off. And I keep telling myself I need to get out and start moving around. But being in stores or around alot of people has been hard

Hi there, yes, for me it's all in my head. As soon as I get home my symptoms stop. I get social anxiety really bad, especially if it's crowded or if I have to stand in lines for a long time. I'll get a cortisol surge which peaks my anxiety, causing my symptoms to go off the charts. They started getting really bad during my tolerance withdrawl, but as I'm getting off the benzos and my brain is relearning to balance itself out during times of stress it's getting easier. This is a healing process, take all the time you need. Take it easy on yourself and set small goals. That's what I do. Seems to work pretty well for me. I try and remember when this all started I couldn't get out of bed or walk to the mailbox. Now in driving and running errands, going to Dr appts etc.

Thank you for responding. I went to the store again today. My anxiety started to peak before I left and in the car (I don't drive anymore... Car broke down on me) but it's like going to the store was a challenge and I got through it. Took it slow and did my grocery shopping. It was fine. Then I realized I was hungry and it was after 1pm. Then it started up again. Once I ate and left the store i started to relax. When I made it home I was fine. Normally I'm in the house all day with my two youngest kids. But they were so happy to get out today. But your right about thinking back to when I barely got off the couch or not eating...I have came a bit of a way. 😊 It's hard to see that when your in the midst of this.

Great job!!! Those are great victories:) what helps me when I'm having the anxiety surges is to just remind myself that I'm ok, is only a symptom, nothing bad is going to happen. It's not life threatening, it's ONLY UNCOMFORTABLE but will pass as soon as I'm done with my task. It literally does nothing to stop the symptoms but it does help me get through it. In the beginning all I wanted was to be able to walk to my mailbox and couldnt. Then I was able to do that, then I wanted to be able to go shopping and run errands , I'm now able to do that, my best goal is to be able to go on a overnight trip. My house is kind of my safety blanket, I'm hoping to be able to get back to not needing that blanket but I'll work to that in time. Today was a terrible day for me. I had dizizness, nausea, jittery, depersonalization, sweating, body temp fluctuation, etc. I was in my bathroom going to the bathroom and a fly was flying near the window and it was sooooooooo loud, it was making me jump. I'm hoping for a better day tommorow. I have a Dr appointment. *Fingers crossed*

I have also experienced this, and just understand what you mean. Going into a store was like another world, the floor and the walls swung. It was no pleasant experience. I usually compare my visits, and it just gets better and better. The last time went well. It is difficult to take the decisive step, opening the door to the real world. For me it took a few hours to dare, and get away. So it gets better and better! :)

Made it to my Dr appt, it was my cardiologist, he said everything seems to be perfect, all my blood work came back perfect, and I'm one happy camper. Today's symptoms were very mild, a little bit of anxiety going to the appointment, I had to stand in line for about 15 minutes which caused some anger and temper flare up, a little bit of dizziness but all in all, made it through it 😁😁😁😁

Translator...I thought maybe I was doing to much but I realized being in the house all the time makes things worse. I'm not saying go run all over town but start small and work your way up.

Rondogunz... That so good to hear. I know you were relieved to hear good results. I went to every doctor plus numerous ER visits. Everything came back fine. Glad your day was good. My day was going ok. I went outside with the kids and cleaned up a bit. I think I over did it because from about 3pm till about 7:45pm I was dealing with tension/slight head ache, dizziness, shaking, fear....I pushed through to get the kids situated and final took a long hot bath. I feel a little better.