Six years benzo free

[je...]

April 8 was my kick day six years ago. I had a rough ride for about 18 months with windows. I stayed busy during with work, exercise, and friends. However, it was a struggle because my emotions remained blunted during this period and I suffered from severe anxiety. Lots of skin issues and insomnia. I started getting well at about two years. Now, I am well and cannot remember the feelings of pain. Benzo pain GONE. But I remember the memory of it. So, to those of you suffering with this horrible benzo nightmare, you will get well. Sorry that the one thing you think you don't have is time, because you do have time. The pain can be unrelenting. But finally it relents. I love you all because I know you.

Thanks so much for coming back to offer hope.  21 months off and in an awful wave,  so needed the reassurance.  All the best, WR :smitten:

Hi Buddie Redevan, yep, still teaching and enjoying it more than ever. How are you doing? Our recovery times are close. I remain forever grateful to BB. We are the only ones who truly get this misery. And when it's over, we celebrate together. Hugs!

I'm doing pretty well. Well enough. Just a few little problems left, but I'm used to them by now. Still doing the same old job, but I think they have plans to move me in a new direction - not that they'd ever consult me about that. Hah! What do you teach?

Hi Evan, I understand the lingering sxs, and I think mine, like insomnia, are what got me on benzos. So chicken-egg. However, I feel healthy underneath daily bumps. I teach Humanities courses at our local university. When I was 18 months benzo-free, my husband and I moved to Austria where I taught and did some research. We were there for 6 months and it was a turning point in my recovery bc I regained confidence stolen by benzos. I came home in a refreshed, revitalized frame of mind. What are you considering doing next? I wish you the very best as you continue to be well.

• 3 weeks later...

Jennie,

Your story gives me hope. I'm 8 months off benzos. This week has been really awful for me but 12 days before this I had a nice window. My problem is when I'm in a wave, I really struggle and lose hope. I also question if what I'm experiencing is Benzo withdrawal or simply my anxiety problems. I'm also on AD's so it's complicated. I don't know if they are helping me or making things worse.

When I read a lot of the success stories, the struggles buddies are going through mirror my own. I'm glad that you're dong well and came back to remind us that we can all heal and that it takes time.

Jennie...couldn’t be happier to see this. I forgot to post on our mutual jump day and am just now seeing this as a reminder that I am six years healed as well!

All the best,

Challis  :smitten:

Hello Jennie....Thank You so much to offer hope for those of us who are still struggling that we will also heal and regain our normal life back. Wishing you the very best in your well deserved life.

Blessings!

Pi