Let’s talk about sex

[Al...]

People who recovered; did your libido come back and when? What do you attribute it to?

People still recovering - how is your sex life?

Please keep things relatively PG

For me I only feel like we can get intimate when I am in a window. In a wave, forget about it. This has certainly been frustrating for my partner.

When we do have honey time I tend to get REALLY tired after. A tiredness i did not used to have before all of this. But it is still enjoyable.

I've not lost my drive during my ordeal so far, although there were a couple of times when we could have had time alone, where I instead wanted to talk about my issues.

It's my understanding that intimacy during this time can only be good for you, if you are able.

not completley lost the urge but have neck/ shoulder pain and joint pain at the moment so makes it uncomfortable.

2trusting

In terms of frequency, we have gone down a bit.

Used to be 5x /wk, now it's more like 4x depending on my sleep and other symptoms.

Takes longer sometimes - I suppose because of my overall state.

No desire at all.  And little sensation.  This sucks, I just got married in Jan.  I blame the misinformed c/t damage and hope it all comes back  :-\

Haha Ben! My thoughts exactly. Hardly any desire. Then too sick or tired or something. Good thing I'm single. But not really. Doing this on my own really sucks.

:-[

I don't have a sex life at the moment, staying celibate until I heal and meet someone that I believe is right for me.

Same here....I have no desire to even date at the moment. Just focus on getting my life back and being a good mom again.

I just went on a date the other night and it reminded me why I am single right now. I turned down the second date. No thanks at the moment.

After reading so many posts and some of the symptoms I have had, I feel that when our adrenals are misfiring the things that we would normally experience or enjoy are muted. Although I don't experience full blown anxiety or panic attacks, I do get moments of anxiety which is accompanied by some nausea or mild headaches. This all to me would make sex less important or maybe even impossible to achieve.

I am glad that I was in a relationship before all of this hit. I don't think I could be dating either. I would be terribly disappointing to that person and knowing that would only increase my anxiety. 

I find that as I taper (now that Im down to a low dose) there has been a definite improvement in my ability to perform.

Of course it could also be that I stopped drinking in addition.

I guess I can ditch those little blue pills when this is over too. ;)

So scary!! but if it is worked on with patience I am sure it would be existent just like anything else through this. Time heals for sure.

As the OP said in the opening post, please keep comments PG.  The topic is legitimate, but good taste and limits to sharing apply as well.

Thanks,

Challis

I've always read about low libido during withdrawal and have always been preparing myself for it. But I honestly must say I have experienced the absolute opposite. It is stronger than I can remember. When I was dosed out on K I would be numb and not care about physical intimacy. Heck I didn't care avout anything...

But now I cant keep my hands off my wife. Its crazy.

However, if I have an acute wave...of course sex is the last thing on my mind. Luckily those havent been frequent thus far. We will see when I get closer to the end.