What (benzo) concentration for my solution?

[Ji...]

Hi everybody :smitten:

The best concentration would be the one that enables:

- An accurate and easy draw up of your dose

- Not having to drink (and prepare) too much solution :D

3 most frequently seen concentrations in this forum:

-  1 mg/ml (less frequent)

-  .1 mg/ml

- .01 mg/ml

They all represent the quantity of benzo (mg) in one milliliter (ml) of solution.

While they all do their job correctly at the beginning of the taper, they differ towards the end when the doses become small.

Example:

Diazepam jump dose at 0.5 mg/ml

-  1 mg/ml: 0.5 ml (good with 1ml syringe)

-  .1 mg/ml:  5 ml (excellent with different syringes)

- .01 mg/ml:  50 ml (large volume. Discarded)

Clonazepam jump dose at 0.025 mg/ml

-  1 mg/ml: 0.025 ml (too small. Discarded)

-  .1 mg/ml: 0.25 ml (good with 1 ml syringe)

- .01 mg/ml: 2.5 ml (excellent with different syringes)

Should the doses reduction continue after the jump dose is reached then it becomes even more challenging with solution that is too concentrated. In most cases the .1 mg/ml for diazepam and .01 mg/ml for clonazepam will continue to offer a correct service.

:hug:

Perhaps provide a more direct example.

You can use my current method to maybe demonstrate what you're saying...

My liquid batch is currently 5mgs of K / 10 ml of alcohol / 40 ml pf water. 0.1mg = 1ml.

How should I alter my batch to draw more accurately when I get closer to the jump off amounts so I can pull .025mg easily?

Lay out what my batch ingredients would be and describe what that syringe pulls would equate to.

:thumbsup:

Ehhh ...I'm good. I was looking for you to spoon feed it to me so I don't have to think too hard.

I saw a shot and I took it. Go for the delete, this is confusing brother.

Definitely don't delete!  Trying to understand, even if it takes some effort! 

Thank you for hashing things out like this, JH.  And thank you for staying around to explain and teach.

:smitten:

Hi everybody, (rewrite)

During the planning phase users of the liquid taper method are called to take several decisions on how to prepare their solution. Many questions add up at the same time thus making things seem complex and difficult while they are not.

Some of most frequently asked questions:

- What solvent to use?

- Can I use water?

- How much solvent to use?

- Which benzo concentration for my solution?

- Shall I combine solution and tablets?

While other questions can be discussed later on should topic raise interest, I will tackle here the questions concerning (benzo) concentration: What is the concentration? Is that important the concentration? With which concentration shall I prepare my solution? What would be the best concentration to use? Can I vary it whenever I wish? ...

What is the (benzo) concentration?

The quantity of benzo (mg) in one milliliter (ml) of solution.

Is that important the concentration?

As it establishes the quantity of benzo taperer takes everyday then YES it is important!

What would be the best concentration to use?

The best concentration would be the one that enables:

- An accurate and easy draw up of your dose

- No constraint to drink (and prepare) large amount of solution

With which (benzo) concentration shall I prepare my solution?

The 3 most frequently seen concentrations in this forum are:

-  1 mg/ml (less frequent)

-  .1 mg/ml

- .01 mg/ml

even though in theory you can have any concentration you wish. The above 3 concentrations are mostly used for they can be easily remembered and changed by only shifting the decimal point.

Can I change it whenever I wish?

Once you have defined at the beginning which concentration best suits your benzo and your needs, it is recommended to stick with it until the end. Variations during the taper course remain feasible but requires rigor in keeping track of the change and in adapting accordingly the doses to not impact taperers.

Why shall I choose a concentration and not another?

While they all do their job correctly at the beginning of the taper, they differ towards the end when the doses become smaller and smaller.

Example:

Diazepam user: "I need to take 0.5 mg in solution."

With:

-  1 mg/ml concentration the solution would be 0.5 ml. This quantity could be easily drawn up with a 1 ml syringe.

-  .1 mg/ml concentration the solution would be 5 ml. This quantity could be easily drawn up with different syringes (1 ml, 5 ml, 10 ml)

- .01 mg/ml concentration the solution would be 50 ml. Compared to the other two this requires a larger volume to be drawn up. Discarded.

Clonazepam user: (20 times more powerful than Diazepam) "I need to take 0.025 mg in solution".

With:

-  1 mg/ml concentration the solution would be 0.025 ml. This volume is too small to draw up even with a 1 ml syringe.  Discarded.

-  .1 mg/ml concentration the solution would be 0.25 ml. This quantity could be easily drawn up with a 1 ml syringe.

- .01 mg/ml concentration the solution would be 2.5 ml. This quantity could be easily drawn up with different syringes (1 ml, 5 ml, 10 ml)

Should the doses continue even lower, a wrong choice of concentration can impact the accuracy of the doses with solution that is too concentrated. In most cases the .1 mg/ml for diazepam and .01 mg/ml for clonazepam will continue to offer a correct service.

Hope it helps!

Hi everybody,

Instead of clarifying it seems to create more confusion :(. Shall I remove my post?

:hug:

Don't ever remove your post because I don't get it. I'm braindead when things get confusing. I actually shut down... I need short, sweet and simple.. that's jus me! You are allowed to be however you want to be because we are all different! 💙💙💙  :thumbsup: