1.5 hours more sleep

[Th...]

My typical sleep amount went down to 3-4 hrs broken sleep when I jumped. It has recovered average to the 6 hours during the last 6 months when I have been off benzos. I have been mostly home, not in the job and had quiet and peace type of life without stress. Typically walking outside, going to stores, reading, watching TV and let time to recover my CNS.

Yesterday was different. I went out of the house for 7 hours because of the several reasons. Went to the shops, local authorities offices to handle tax issue, bank etc and had lunch in the restaurant. Anyway this was the first time I did a lot after my jump. Going out morning at 7.00, spent couple of hours home before midday and left home again, going back home at 6.00 pm.

Last night my sleep amount improved by 1.5 hrs to 7.5 hrs and I got almost 5 hrs straight sleep without wake-ups in the middle. Typically I can sleep 3-4 hrs straight and rest of the night sleep is light broken sleep.

So it seems increased activity together being outside home doing something I need to concentrate increase sleep amount materially and also quality of sleep. I decided do the same test again so taking new day with lot of activities and see if sleep improves once again. Well, I really need push because of my fatigue, housebound issue etc but it might be pushing improves sleep and might even speed recovery.

Well, it might be this is not new information to many of the buddies but I decided write this anyway as I was surprised about activity level increase direct sleep amount impact.

Thomas66,

That seems to be a common factor.  When I do a lot of outdoor activities, especially in warmer weather, I sleep better.  Good for you.  That is excellent news.  Hope your sleep keeps improving! :thumbsup: