so confused as to when to cut again, help

[ca...]

my dad is in pure agony.  so weak, skin and bones.  has anxiety all day, can barely walk to corner.  been dry cutting.  went back to milk titration last night and today.  .25mg clonaz. day and night.  he has been on this dose for about 3 weeks. 

tried water titration last week, but he thought worse, so went back dry cut.  dry cut 1/8.  but then tried milk titration last night...8 oz. milk, take 1 tablespoon out, then divide into 2 and drink twice daily. 

questoin...should keep cutting even though feels so bad.  he needs get off this med.  that 1 tablespoon is so little of a cut.  i told him he has keep cutting.  my mom helping him.  but he is so bad off.  can't read, can't do breathe techinques, can't watch tv.  has not found anything to bring him peace for a minute.  just paces all day.  i think waiting those 3 weeks was too long, may have put him in tolerance.  never has windows, ever since on the meds from 2 years ago, has felt horrible.  thanks any advice helpful to keep cutting.  i think we should, but like last time he went back to a dry cut b/c feeling like dying and was just searching for something to give relief.

Hi Carla,

As I said before, we really really can't micro manage this taper. We can give you guidelines and hints, but cannot tell you exacts. You need to see what works. If you think he has held too long, then go ahead and try a cut. Some people feel just miserable all the way off, no matter how they do it. There is also the issue of his other meds, which may be causing some of his symptoms. There is only so much we can do to help you, I'm really sorry.

If he is as ill as he sounds, it may be best to have another doctor visit.   

Carlar, how old is your Dad?  You may have posted it somewhere else and I am sorry if I didn't see that post.  When I first joined this forum it was common to cut every 7 to 14 days.....some would cut at the 3 week mark.  During my taper I could barely walk to the bathroom so walking to the corner sounds promising, if that makes sense.  Did your Dad feel better at the 2 week mark?  I am sorry your family has to go through this torment.

Patty  xo

Carla, I just saw your other post and see that your Dad is 68 years old.  Once he gets off the meds his appetite will eventually come back but in the meantime make sure he is hydrated and getting some protein at least.

Patty  xo

thank you stoneyco for responding.  means alot.  its so hard.  and i can imagine for my dad, you and all the other bb.  its scary taking care of him..well my mom is.  b/c you don't know for sure if it is the bb, but if not, it sure plays a high % role of it.  he felt bad for years...just boudts of this feeling every couple of months but he would pull out of it (possibly some of it is hypoglocemia),..but then took tons vitamins and liver cleansers so i think that shocked his body.  then finally decided to take a antidepp after holding on to it for months as it was against his wishes.  he has never been depressed. 

i hope you are doing much better!  thank you