What can I drink besides water

[ca...]

I avoid caffeine and have been suggested that I need to avoid sugar, msg, artificial sweetner, and food coloring while tapering so your brain can heal faster.

What can I drink besides water?

Oh, you forgot... beer too. God how I miss having a beer now and then.

I have some of the water flavoring stuff with no caffeine. I just shoot it into the cup to have something different.

In the morning/evening, I use magnesium calm in water (lemon flavor) which both calms the system and helps with sleep, and tastes good.

In the evening I mix up a couple glasses of hot tea with night time loose leaf teas. I also have a glass of tart cherry juice.

Oh - since I had to give up coffee too, I drink Caro Coffee in the morning. (https://www.amazon.com/Nestl%C3%A9-Original-Coffee-Substitute-about/dp/B00D97I96I/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1522880549&sr=1-1&keywords=caro+coffee). No coffee in it, no caffeine, and if you have a good imagination it tastes a lot like coffee. My wife is from Germany and this is often what children and others sensitive to caffeine drink.

Hope that helps.

Oh how I miss a nice cold beer also but maybe one day after I have tapered off this V and healed I'll have a nice cold one.

I do miss my coffee also so thanks for the suggestions Caro Coffee.  I have used the water flavoring also I'm pretty sure it has artificial sweetner but I don't use much if any at all.

Thanks

I really like peppermint tea. It doesn't have anything in it that should rev symptoms, but it's good for congestion or just feeling relaxed.

No prob sir. Glad to help.

Im with you. As soon as I feel like I'm out of the woods, I am looking forward to a nice cold one. Or at least trying one out.

If you get the Caro Coffee send me a private message - I can ask my wife what the mixture she uses for me is in the morning to get it right. Even though I force myself to drink tea in the evenings - tea in the morning just tastes like drinking grass soup. ;)

And good luck. I think we can all do this. Not sure what your symptoms are but we'll make it through.

Also, carrot juice, tomato juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, etc. If sugar bothers you, you can always dilute the sweet juices in water or find the ones that are not artificially sweetened. Almond milk works, too.

Great recommendations, LP.  I’ve been liking almond milk lately.  Also, organic lemonade mixed with half water.  I tend to have to dilute the juices.  Except for my green juice I make daily.  That’s how I’m getting my vitamins.

• 1 month later...

I avoid caffeine and have been suggested that I need to avoid sugar, msg, artificial sweetner, and food coloring while tapering so your brain can heal faster.

What can I drink besides water?

Kefir (probiotic drink).  I like Lifeway brand.  The one with no flavoring.  I can find it at WalMart, Whole Foods, and Fresh Market in the U.S.

Garden of Life brand Raw Organic Protein powder.  I find at Whole Foods.  Really chock full of nutrients.

Mama Chia brand drinks (Target sells) with chia seeds.

Noticed you avoid caffeine, but I love Starbucks caramel coffee (k-cups) because it tastes great and there is nothing artificial.

Other than that, natural juices and herbal teas for me.

I put mint in my water, taste really good. Also I have a glass jar full of distilled water than I add Himalayan pink salt. It has over 80 minerals we need. I let it sit for a day, than pour like shot or two in my regular water. My water becomes mineralized.

AjustaI’ve heard a lot about tart cherry juice.  What is the deal with it, does it help in this process somehow? 

It is an antioxidant and supposedly anti-inflammatory.

It tastes nice as well! Makes a change to pure water.

I get the concentrate which is quite expensive but you only put 2 teaspoons in a glass of water.

I picked up some ginger beer from amazon (0,0% alcohol) and that helps in the nightly routine.

Also.. I found 0,0% alcohol (Bitburger, German) beer locally. Look around where they sell imports. There are a few decent European 0,0% beers.

I know we're not supposed to, but I drink Chamomile tea all the time (and I've still healed a lot)

I also drink peach tea and raspberry tea (herbal so no caffeine)

Ginger tea, coconut water, lemonade made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and Stevia natural sweetener to taste, Lipton decaffeinated tea, sauerkraut juice, V8 vegetable juice.