Hello From Canada!!

[Ha...]

Hey all, 50 year old male, on Klonopin, ( most days) 1.5 mg's , some nights 2.0 mgs  usually 1 mg in morning and 0.5 9 to 12 hours later depending on symptoms, I've been on this med for 4 years now, and I'm learning that my worsening symptoms, are indeed Benzo Tolerance, my anxiety/GAD/ etc which I was prescribed this for has really gotten bad the last few months,  I see doc on April 10th, and we will discuss a taper protocol,

( she already knows this is coming ,)  I'm really hoping to recover off this med, ( I have no other meds, I don't drink alcohol, or smoke, and my diet is fairly decent, no junk etc) my new journey is about to begin, and I look forward to a life without this class of drugs

Sincerely

Edit: removed personal info

Hello HappyOne10001 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community, you will get plenty of support here. I am so pleased you have decided to start a taper off these drugs, you are making a great decision. Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb, you can go slower, whatever feels comfortable. The aim is to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.BenzoBuddies Community Forum Homepage

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hello fellow Canuck!

There are quite a few of us around you'll find (can tell by some of the spelling.... ;))

It's a great place for information about what you're embarking on this BB.

:)

SS

Hey all, 50 year old male, on Klonopin, ( most days) 1.5 mg's , some nights 2.0 mgs  usually 1 mg in morning and 0.5 9 to 12 hours later depending on symptoms, I've been on this med for 4 years now, and I'm learning that my worsening symptoms, are indeed Benzo Tolerance, my anxiety/GAD/ etc which I was prescribed this for has really gotten bad the last few months,  I see doc on April 10th, and we will discuss a taper protocol,

( she already knows this is coming ,)  I'm really hoping to recover off this med, ( I have no other meds, I don't drink alcohol, or smoke, and my diet is fairly decent, no junk etc) my new journey is about to begin, and I look forward to a life without this class of drugs

Sincerely

Edit: removed personal info

Of course you don't smoke in Canada. It's way too expensive up there. :laugh: Greetings and welcome from the states. As someone else said, deeply familiarize yourself with the Ashton manual and expect that some of those symptoms are in your future. Mentally prepare for it, commit to the process, search this forum for posts about others who have traveled this road, know that recovery is possible, and share your experiences here.

Keep us posted and best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...