Sign petition for drug companies to provide taper strips

[Ma...]

I came across this on a doctors twitter page .

She is tapering herself. Having no clue what she was getting into, as so many .

In the netherlands a drug company is providing taper strips. Of your own medication that gradually tapers you down without having to make the cuts yourself.

Its a strip with smaller and smaller doses. IF you need to hold you can get that size provided also..

On change.org is a petition asking for this to be supplied in the U.K.  WE need this in the U.S.A..

We should all petition ALL pharmaceutical companies to provide this .

Its hog wash that they make the medication and then we have to sit and cut pills, titrate etc.. It should be thier job to provide this..

Yes, that is the intention ..

They start with your dose. Even if you have cut and have hit a place where its just ridiculously hard to do. And its in a strip and it follows your taper plan. Each week or two weeks, whatever you and your doctor decide..The strip provides..

If you hit a snag, they will supply that dose until you are ready to move on.

Its amazingly so simple and the absolute right thing to do for people who have been handed this drug. IF they can hand it out , they can create a taper regime also.

I am tapering off a low dose of clorazepate. Which I took for over 20 years. So far meticulously cutting. And going through the anxiety and frustration, which adds to the whole miserable experience.

I was angry when I found for my medication there is no liquid, smaller pills etc. And then came across this on a doctors twitter page Who never knew what she was prescribing or how real withdrawals are.Until she had to do this herself.

Anyway , as many people suffering through this, and so many who were given it with absolutely no info. on getting off. I was angry and called the drug company, asked the company WHY do they not supply this is smaller doses so I can micro taper. I got the usual, well break it in half wait two weeks break again.. Bull sh>..

We know that only makes things worse.. So I cut..

I hope its ok to put this out ..I am not going to get anything from this company as it is not in America.And know nothing about it .So I would not order anything from them.

The concept is what I am all for...

I  think its about time the drug companies took notice, here in the USA and are FORCED to provide this.

I signed it. Because I think if it hits a lot of signatures.. There might be a loud enough outcry that we can get them here too..

Or we could even start a petition for the U.S.A...

https://www.change.org/p/provide-tapering-strips-to-help-users-who-want-to-stop-taking-anxiety-depression-drugs

Thanks for posting the petition.  I understand that campaigners in The Netherlands have also been lobbying their Government.

The more who lobby and campaign the better.

Best wishes

Fiona  :smitten: