Six weeks out and trying to hang in.

[Jo...]

I am six weeks off of klonopin and being hit with really difficult anxiety and panic along with weakness and low appetite. My blood pressure is also high, which concerns me. But checking my blood pressure can also increase anxiety, which can increase my blood pressure. I took my blood pressure during my taper and my heart rate and blood pressure usually improved as my body healed from each taper.

I'm not sure what to do. I want be done from benzos so badly, but I am putting myself through so much suffering and pain.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

[fe...]

I'm sorry that your anxiety is high.  What dose did you jump from?  I'm just curious.

For what it's worth...

- I'd give your blood pressure monitor to a friend for a month or two unless you have an actual medical reason for using it (health anxiety doesn't count as a reason). 

- Avoid activities that might make you tense.  That might include watching/reading the news or even watching sporting events if you care about the outcome.  It might also include watching TV dramas or reading dramas/mysteries. 

- Coping for me was about staying busy and not giving myself time to fret about my symptoms or about life or jobs or partners or whatever.  Keep your mind occupied doing (active) things.  Doesn't have to be physical stuff.  Just keep your mind busy.  I once sorted nuts, bolts and screws in my garage for an entire afternoon. 

- Seek calm.  Whatever makes you calm and doesn't require meds.  Quiet music, a soak in a warm bath, a mellow massage, cuddling, etcetera. 

- Mellow exercise.  You probably have to work up to this, but I've found that 90 minutes or so of moderate exercise calms me down a lot.  I usually bike to get the exercise.  I'm a much mellower person after I've ridden 20 miles. 

I hope there's something above that will connect for you.

Sorry to hear. I agree with badsocref, try not to worry about your BP and stay busy to distract yourself. Exercise is very calming when you're done. When I first tried to quit/taper I was constantly worried about my BP and heart rate. I started doing things to take my mind off of it. Download apps on my phone like chess, pool, poker. Getting in to a series on Netflix or Hulu. Read up about things that interest me. Staying home as much as possible to keep the stress and anxiety away. I pinpoint the things that worry me and think of why they worry me, and try my best to combat it. If I start to worry I might open a game of chess and think of nothing but that for 20 minutes to escape. Distraction fights off anxiety. And seek calm like badsocref said. Find things that calm you. Sitting in the shower and letting the hot water run over me while I meditate helps me. And a warm cup of decaf green tea always helps. CBD has done wonders for me as well. There are things like Valerian root, lavender, theanine that can help. I hope some of these suggestions help you! You will heal someday, the success stories are proof! I love reading those when I'm feeling down about my benzo situation.

I'm sorry that your anxiety is high.  What dose did you jump from?  I'm just curious.

For what it's worth...

- I'd give your blood pressure monitor to a friend for a month or two unless you have an actual medical reason for using it (health anxiety doesn't count as a reason). 

- Avoid activities that might make you tense.  That might include watching/reading the news or even watching sporting events if you care about the outcome.  It might also include watching TV dramas or reading dramas/mysteries. 

- Coping for me was about staying busy and not giving myself time to fret about my symptoms or about life or jobs or partners or whatever.  Keep your mind occupied doing (active) things.  Doesn't have to be physical stuff.  Just keep your mind busy.  I once sorted nuts, bolts and screws in my garage for an entire afternoon. 

- Seek calm.  Whatever makes you calm and doesn't require meds.  Quiet music, a soak in a warm bath, a mellow massage, cuddling, etcetera. 

- Mellow exercise.  You probably have to work up to this, but I've found that 90 minutes or so of moderate exercise calms me down a lot.  I usually bike to get the exercise.  I'm a much mellower person after I've ridden 20 miles. 

I hope there's something above that will connect for you.

Hi badsocref,

I jumped at .125mg kolonopin. I started my taper a little quick, around .25mg every 2 weeks and that was too fast. I found Benzo Buddies and slowed down to .125 every 2 weeks. Occasionally, if I didn't feel ready after 2 weeks I would wait until I was ready for the next taper.

I have a lot of symptoms, but this anxiety and panic is some intense stuff. I just hope and pray that I have the strength to handle it.

Thank you for your kind words and advice. I try to distract myself, but it's a little harder when I'm having such strong panic and anxiety.

Sorry to hear. I agree with badsocref, try not to worry about your BP and stay busy to distract yourself. Exercise is very calming when you're done. When I first tried to quit/taper I was constantly worried about my BP and heart rate. I started doing things to take my mind off of it. Download apps on my phone like chess, pool, poker. Getting in to a series on Netflix or Hulu. Read up about things that interest me. Staying home as much as possible to keep the stress and anxiety away. I pinpoint the things that worry me and think of why they worry me, and try my best to combat it. If I start to worry I might open a game of chess and think of nothing but that for 20 minutes to escape. Distraction fights off anxiety. And seek calm like badsocref said. Find things that calm you. Sitting in the shower and letting the hot water run over me while I meditate helps me. And a warm cup of decaf green tea always helps. CBD has done wonders for me as well. There are things like Valerian root, lavender, theanine that can help. I hope some of these suggestions help you! You will heal someday, the success stories are proof! I love reading those when I'm feeling down about my benzo situation.

Hi Sicory,

Thank you for your kind words and advice.

I have been reading some success stories to try and help me through this and give me strength.

I have dealt with a lot of anxiety through my taper, but this is powerful panic and anxiety.

I'm happy CBD works for you. I have tried it and my body is not ready for it.

All the Best!

[fe...]

0.125 seems to be too high of a jump point for many individuals.  I usually advocate for 0.050 or lower based solely on user reports.

You'll still get thru this.  Hang in there.  Distract!  Stay busy!