Morning depression

[Ba...]

Is anybody’s depression in the morning much worse than the rest of the day? The longer I lay in bed dozing the worse it gets. To the point of total hopelessness. It will lessen as the day goes on but usually turns into anxiety and fear. By bedtime I feel better but still far from normal.

I think I know what you mean about mornings are worse but things "get better".

Hey, since things change like that for you during the day, I think you can do things to improve on the change.

First, get out of bed and go directly to the shower and take as cold of a shower as possible.  I don't know why this helps, but it does.

Also, in the evening, make a list of all the hopeful future things (like vacations) or good memories and add something you want to do the next day - it can be any task you just want to try and get down.  Then as soon as you leave the shower, read your list.  Be grateful for the hopeful and good memories on your list - give thanks for them - and then start on the task you wrote down right away.

Also try to exercise - maybe that is the task on your list - take a morning walk.

• 1 month later...
[74...]

Yes! Dealing with this exact thing. Mornings are brutal.

Agreed morning are brutal and any stress in the mornings  can set me back bigtime. :'( :'( :'(

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I’m in too...I’m gonna try the shower upon waking. The longer you stay in bed the worse it gets. It feels like I wanna go back to sleep but never can.  Good advice bob

Same problem... and this holds true with napping as well - which I still can't do almost 20 months out.