Klonopin drug interactions

[Wh...]

Hello!! I have been prescribed klonopin .5 for a little over 2months. I am on a 30 day supply and still have 5 left. (So i haven’t been taking them everyday and i haven’t been taking them for 30 days) but yet i still feel somewhat addicted. I only take them as needed and never more then 1 a day. Recently a new doctor told me i need to get off of these because that are no good for you!! She also perscribed me 5mg of hortocortizone tablets because I’ve been dealing with some unusual body changes and we are waiting for test to come back. I was wondering if these two drugs interact or is this just my anxiety taking over my body. I always get nervous when i take new medication. Thanks!!

I was reading your past post, and it sounds as if you have classic withdrawal symptoms. As usual, when doctors can't figure out what's wrong, they prescribe another pill. Whether or not you take it is your choice. I used this to check out drug interactions: https://www.webmd.com/interaction-checker/default.htm I found none. But that doesn't mean it's entirely harmless. Benzos don't mix well with any other drugs.

I would suggest you check out the micro tapers support group or the Klonopin Klub support group. Or you can do a titration taper. It may seem daunting at first, but there are people who can help you. Since you are at the lowest dosage, it may take awhile to get off this drug but it won't take forever. I suggest that you go SLOW, at least in the beginning, to see how your nerves react to the taper. Klonopin is a strong drug, and must be handled very carefully.

Two months is clearly enough time to be dependent on the drug. But you are very smart. You didn't updose or refuse to look up the drug. It sounds as if you're making clear choices. I wish I'd done that!!

Good luck!!

I was reading your past post, and it sounds as if you have classic withdrawal symptoms. As usual, when doctors can't figure out what's wrong, they prescribe another pill. Whether or not you take it is your choice. I used this to check out drug interactions: https://www.webmd.com/interaction-checker/default.htm I found none. But that doesn't mean it's entirely harmless. Benzos don't mix well with any other drugs.

I would suggest you check out the micro tapers support group or the Klonopin Klub support group. Or you can do a titration taper. It may seem daunting at first, but there are people who can help you. Since you are at the lowest dosage, it may take awhile to get off this drug but it won't take forever. I suggest that you go SLOW, at least in the beginning, to see how your nerves react to the taper. Klonopin is a strong drug, and must be handled very carefully.

Two months is clearly enough time to be dependent on the drug. But you are very smart. You didn't updose or refuse to look up the drug. It sounds as if you're making clear choices. I wish I'd done that!!

Good luck!!

Terry is right on the mark. 

To the original poster, please do yourself a favor and start to get off the Clonazepam as soon as possible with a symptom based taper. .  Do whatever you need to do to purge it gently out of your life.

Many of us here started out with the "as needed" prescription, myself included.  If your Physiology is vulnerable, use will escalate as tolerance to the "as needed" dose develops.  Taking Benzodiazaphines as needed is not the proper way to dose.  It can predispose you to kindling, because the serum levels of the drug are fluctuating up and down.  I fell into this trap as well.

Regarding the hydrocortisone, this too was prescribed to me along the way.  Benzodiazaphines blunt your natural cortisol response and decompensate your stress response system over time.  This manifests itself as increased anxiety.  You are at a low dose of hydrocortisone.  Try not to escalate its use, because hydrocortisone affects post synaptic signaling . 

I wish I knew what I know now, back then.  Anyways, no point looking back.  I'm on the way to recovery, I'm off the potent Benzodiazaphine and I'm off the hydrocortisone.  You too can recover very quickly.

When I said do whatever you need to do, i meant, if you need to take time off from work or school, to get off it, do it.  Try to minimize negative stressors in your life.  You will recover very quickly with a symtom based slow taper.