For Those Who Have Been Floxxed

[An...]

Hi All.  I have a question for those of you who feel they have been floxxed prior to their benzo use.

My question is:  Do you feel that the benzos helped with your floxx symptoms and now that you are free of benzos, are your floxx symptoms are emerging or have worsened?

I'm asking because I did not realize I had been floxxed until recently.  I have no absolute proof, but six or so months prior to my developing anxiety for the first time in my life, I had taken several doses of Cipro and/or Avelox for sinus infections.

It is just coming to my attention that this is probably what started the downward spiral in my health.

Now that I'm no longer taking benzos, I'm wondering how I will fair without them in regard to being floxxed.  If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't know if all my muscle and joint/tendon problems are temporarily due to the benzo withdrawal or being floxxed.

Thank you and Happy Passover/Easter to all.

Angel

Hi All.  I have a question for those of you who feel they have been floxxed prior to their benzo use.

My question is:  Do you feel that the benzos helped with your floxx symptoms and now that you are free of benzos, are your floxx symptoms are emerging or have worsened?

I'm asking because I did not realize I had been floxxed until recently.  I have no absolute proof, but six or so months prior to my developing anxiety for the first time in my life, I had taken several doses of Cipro and/or Avelox for sinus infections.

It is just coming to my attention that this is probably what started the downward spiral in my health.

Now that I'm no longer taking benzos, I'm wondering how I will fair without them in regard to being floxxed.  If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't know if all my muscle and joint/tendon problems are temporarily due to the benzo withdrawal or being floxxed.

Thank you and Happy Passover/Easter to all.

Angel

I'm sorry I'm a total idiot but what does floxed mean? I'm sure I could Google it but I'd rather hear it from you

Hi Theskyisred-

Floxxed is short for Fluoroquinolone Toxicity which can be caused by a certain class of antibiotics that includes Ciprofloxacin, Avelox (also known as Moxifloxacin) and Levofloxacin....hence the term FLOXXED..

It is becoming a more-widely known fact just how truly toxic those medications are.  They, like benzos, are ruining people's lives.  They can cause spontaneous rupturing of tendons and a multitude of other illnesses.

I was prescribed several courses of those medications several months before I started feeling ill and my life has never been the same.  I have seen it mentioned in several Benzo Buddies signatures.

Hope that clarifies it for you.  And you are certainly not an idiot.  It is a term that not many people are familiar with, but it's becoming more well known finally.  What the medical industry is doing to us is the modern day Holocaust, at least that's my feeling. 

Angel

I took ciprofloxacine for a suspected GI infection 6 years ago, my life ended right there and then.

The cipro made me sick like a dog but the GI doc. kept pushing me to finish the course, which i did.

Cipro has damaged my GABA receptors in some way because i never had severe non-stop anxiety and panic attacks prior to that.

After a few weeks of terror i was prescribed xanax, it was like a magic pill! I finally felt calm, and it also helped with the chronic inflammation.

I was hooked.

My journey in benzoland had begun; alprozolam, valium, clonazepam.....

I would probably still have a life had i not listened to all those incompetent doctors. They and big pharma have completely destroyed me.

For 6 years now i'm bedridden with dysautonomia, severe anxiety and panic, rheuma-like condition with lots of joint and muscle pains, severe fatigue, chronic inflammation everywhere, allergic and intollerant to most foods and chemicals, severe weight loss to a point i'm badly underweight, cognitive problems like forgetting my own name or not knowing where i am.

I have no more life, even post-benzo's i'm still sick.

My country is not helping me, i have to fend for myself and make money somehow from my laptop in bed and financially take care of others.

Not to talk you down, but I don't think there's a cure for the fluoroquinolone poisoning and the diseases that it has triggered.

Hi Angel1023-

Hey I am sorry you have been floxxed too >:(

With out a doubt the benzo I was on masked my symptoms. 100% sure. The numbness, tingling & burning & vibration sensations intensified as I got off benzo. I still have the neurological symptoms after being benzo free for 5 years  :D

Bella Amis & Nickneedshelp

Thank you both for your responses.  I have to say that your stories honestly scare the shit out of me.  Although I had taken several courses of those antibiotics prior to developing anxiety, I had also taken them on many other occasions for sinus infections prior to that.

I'm still trying to differentiate whether my pain is associated with being floxed or just benzo withdrawal. I have had days recently where I'm not in a tremendous amount of pain, but others, like today, every single muscle and tendon aches, but I know I overdid things yesterday.  I don't know how to definitively tell.

Any input would be helpful.  And I'm so sorry you are both suffering so badly.  My heart goes out to you!

Angel

Hi Angel-

Good luck with trying to figure it out...I have been trying for many years :D My best guess is that both Benzo & Fluoro poisons factor into it. As far as the muscle/tendon/joint pain goes the majority of my pain has gone other than numbness, tingling & vibration sensations. So for me the pain turned out to be the benzo. Now these symptoms are not nearly as intense as when I was tapering or were in early recovery. However, they do increase when I get overstimulated or stressed out. Guess all we can do is hope & pray that it all goes away for good at some point!