From Darkness to Light! You can heal!

[Ja...]

I am currently a little under 2 years free from Benzos. I was a daily user up to 10-20mg a day.. ( I was abusing the medication)

I C/T off the medication and went through benzo hell for my first year.. Only wish I knew what I know now, after my year mark I was looking into Alternative medicine Like Vitamins and healthy eating. I am still not perfect but the doctor I have been seeing for nearly a year has got me feeling so amazing. I used to have night terrors and panic attacks but not anymore! You can and will heal, There is a way out of this nightmare. It just takes time and support :)

Peace and love everyone  8)

Love this success story! I am on a long slow taper (well long compared to a CT!) and I wonder if it would be good to take supplements now because I just feel so weak and sick all the time.  Can you say more about what has worked for you? I am thinking of going to a ND or functional medicine doc.

Thanks!

My Doctor, prescribed B12 a very high dose, SamE for the depression as I was tested and had low serotonin levels. A B complex multi vitamin and I also Go for a Vitamin Infused IV with Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Folate 1mg, and some zinc as well

[23...]

CONGRATULATIONS, James, and thanks so much for coming back and sharing! Great tips; I agree completely with treating underlying deficiencies naturally and intelligently - as you are doing.

You brought hope on this Easter morning...  :thumbsup:

Enjoy every moment of your healthy new life!

Congrats James! Now tell us about those vitamins and healthy eating. Lol.

It's a secret. We're not allowed to know, unless, of course, you are willing to pay $ 100 000 for that information  :laugh:

I think that, even if there is out there some cure, we don't know about it and time (plus avoiding drugs and alcohol) are the only things that can heal us.

My Doctor, prescribed B12 a very high dose, SamE for the depression as I was tested and had low serotonin levels. A B complex multi vitamin and I also Go for a Vitamin Infused IV with Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Folate 1mg, and some zinc as well

James21, congratulations on your healing.

But, I must say that I don't believe they can measure level of serotonin, at least not in brain and honestly, I don't believe in that, because I don't believe that antidepressants work (it's also proven they're placebo).

Considering vitamins and minerals they could be helpful, but they could also worsen the symptoms to many people during withdrawal.

Congrats James :thumbsup: It’s really interesting how vitamins helped you recover. I strongly believe that an appropriate lifestyle, nutrition and change in our thinking patterns can help us become free of the BZD nightmare.

Congrats to you James;  I’m similar to you; experimented and came up with the same vitamins eventually (plus cod liver oil) and am doing well compared to the first 18 months.  Have you had success with hair regrowth;  my nails and hair suffered and are coming back (I think) but very slowly. I’ve had a shoulder or neck injury and still have IBS but celebrating there being no toxic terror!!! Well done you and I look forward to comparing notes another year down the track!!!

James-

Congrats on your success story. Thanks for coming back and sharing (it really helps to here these stories). And I totally agree with Rubylove on the importance of treating underlying deficiencies naturally, just like you are doing. It's great to hear those nutrients are working!

[23...]

I’m similar to you; experimented and came up with the same vitamins eventually (plus cod liver oil) and am doing well compared to the first 18 months.  Have you had success with hair regrowth;  my nails and hair suffered and are coming back...

I have found the same as you and Kristina, James. I think the problem is that people expect overnight success with supplements. The benefits are often not perceptible in the beginning; the body needs time to adapt, and you might feel a bit worse as it does so. It takes patience and time - sometimes a lot of time - but the building materials (those supplements) eventually make a big difference in the quality of the structure (our bodies).

Laura, sending my heartfelt wishes for your sister's recovery. She is so blessed to have a sister like you on her side. She'll get there.