One month benzo free and two weeks AD free - there is hope for all of us!

[St...]

Greetings people,

It has been a month and a half since i took my last benzo dose (lorazepam) and two weeks since last AD pill.

The reason i am posting this is to give hope to those in despair and going through rough withdrawal (especially with such disturbing symptoms as visual disturbances, static, afterimages, light sensitivity, trails etc..)

I guess it is too early to come to conclusions however today i discovered something that gave me hope.

For the last two months i was mostly bedridden with severe withdrawal symptoms. Now there are better days when i am full of hope and it seems that visual symptoms subside. And there are worse days when the fellings of hopelesness take over. Today was a bad day. However i dressed and drove to the gas station to fill gas, wash the car, fill air in the wheels etc. And i felt better almost immediately.

Moreover - i noticed that my floaters are now half as less as they were in quantity, duration and opacity two month ago! Visual snow intencity subsided as well. Light sensitivity is better as well - i can actually look at the sky without squinting and mostly see the sky itself (though mild floaters and a little snow (static) are still there) :)

I want to confirm that healing process does take place though it is not linear. Most of the time as one symptom improves the other may become worse temporarily.

Fellow sufferers, i have no doubt we will get better with time. Especially those who suffer with visual snow (and did not have it prior to benzos) - have faith in you brain, it will recover!

I wish you all to get well as soon as possible!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Godspeed :)

Stas.

Congratulations on being "med"-free, Stanislav!  :thumbsup:

And thank you for sharing with us hope and testimony that healing DOES happen  :thumbsup:

Yes, sometimes, pushing a little can have surprisingly positive effects on the way we feel - some of us get so used to everything just being the same that we forget things can positively surprise us again - we have to leave room for such surprises!!

Remind yourself of those days which gave you hope when you thought everything was going to be rough and pointless...

It gets better and BBs is here to keep hope alive for all of us!!

Hugs  :smitten:

Julz xx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have been off final dose of Xanax for 32 days now. My sleep has gotten a little better 4-5 hours a night, but still wake up several times a night. I still am experiencing tinnitus, nausea, memory loss and some burning sensations. At night the symptoms seems to disappear and I am able to eat. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on.