Male subject: Penis/groin problems. Any guys with pain after benzos?

[Ba...]

Its now a good 4 months after my colonoscopy where they used Versed and Demerol. For the past few months I have been experiencing male genital area problems and wondering if anyone going through withdrawl/physical dependency from oral benzos or IV versed has experienced groin or penis problems. When I ejaculate my body feels all frazzled and ill feeling for a while; then for days after that I have extreme penis burning pain and on the balls too for some reason. They have ruled out all STD with several tests and at different time intervals and also ruled out infection too because I was put on Cipro for a while and no improvement. To tell you the truth most of the time I feel frazzled, weak and somewhat ill too, as if I am going through withdrawal again (first two months after the colonoscopy were intense physical hell). But about a year ago during my Ativan withdrawal I experienced about a year dealing with my body's dependence recovery but I never had any penis/groin area problems. I know there are a lot of sensitive nerves in the groin/penis area, so just wondering if any guys have had such an experience when coming off oral or intravenous benzos.

Sounds like a real kick in the nuts there. Nope - that's probably the one still functioning area of my body. Did you see a dermatologist also? Could be aggressively dry.

When they do the colonoscopy, they can mess with your prostate, cause it injury and inflammation of the nerves.  Maybe this is why you're experiencing pain/burning, especially if your ejaculations are painful.  That's one avenue.  Another one is that this may be benzo related.  But I wouldn't discount the colonoscopy just yet.  See if you can get your prostate examined to exclude this possible problem.

I had three issues with groin pain at different times during my taper and recovery.

1. I had a (mostly) internal yeast infection.. It presented as a basic red rash in the groin area (but not on the penis itself) and excruciating pain sensations in the perineal/prostate area, the testicles, and occasionally in the eurethra. Two male urologists and a male dermatologist insisted that men do not or so rarely get yeast infections that they would not consider the possibility when I brought it up. They were dead wrong, as evidenced by my GP, another urologist, and two other dermatologists (one of whom I asked about it at a later date) as well as by the unmitigated success of a short course of antifungal.. I was prescribed a fluoroquinolone antibiotic by one of the dumb urologists  (I think fairly common if idea is a bacterial UTI, despite me testing negative for any bacterial UTI) “as an experiment” and the fungal infection of course got much worse. I eventually took fluconazole for about 2 weeks and that knocked out the infection. Google the symptoms and talk to your doctor if you think a possibility.

2. I had at various points pelvic floor muscle spasms that themselves were not painful and barely noticeable, but caused pain in the penis, perineal area, and testicles. I didn’t really feel the actual spasms that much (sort of like occasional light muscle twitching usually) until I had spoken with a urologist who told me he thought that was what was going on and for me to pay attention to them. Those eventually just stopped happening.

3. I had, for about 3 months, unexplained nerve pain in the groin area. This was like a sharp and burning pain. Definitely neurological. Got everything checked out and no physical problems and doctors agreed classic nerve pain sensations.

None of these were fun, but all are well in the past for me now. Hope this info might help you out. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

For the past 9 months, I have struggled with severe pelvic pain/rectal spasms / pelvic floor dysfunction. Pereneal and penis pain happen secondary to my pelvic floor being hypertonic all the time. It's extremely debilitating and causes urinary and bowel dysfunction also. This chronic pain is by far my hardest symptom to cope with emotionally. I'm trying physical therapy to try and release some of the muscle tension.

I hope you find relief soon

Staunch

I had a micro-seizure and my face briefly went numb. So did, my penis and the sexual sensation has not come back 3 months on. It was stinging for a good 2 months but thankfully the pain went away. I suspect something has been damaged at the brain level. Feeling quite hopeless about this situation.

Any potential cures?